Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 9:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on fat acceptance?
RE: What are your thoughts on fat acceptance?
(June 7, 2017 at 8:39 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 7, 2017 at 8:26 am)Regina Wrote:  I also think, statistically, the concentration of obesity in developed/Western countries is a dead giveaway that it has more to do with lifestyle socioeconomic status than genetics.

Fixed that for you.

The morbidly obese are poor - statistically.  The food they have available to them leads inexorably to obesity -as well- as malnutrition.  They are stuffed and fat, but starving.  That, ultimately, is why they eat so much.  Thy don;t have the sort of food industry in third world shitholes that we have here.  If you uprooted those people, here, and moved them there with all other things remaining the same..they'd be emaciated and starving.  As to excersize....since when?  I think an 80 hour work week qualifies as exercise (and if it doesn't, it doesn't exactly leave much time for "exercise", does it)............. and yet the chubby remain chubby, why might that be?  

"Lifestyle" has just become a convenient smear-word for -any- group a person has a distaste for, particularly when they don't understand them or why they are in the position they are in.  Whats the problem with gays?  Lifestyle.  Blacks?  Lifestyle.  On and on it goes.

Then, ofc, there are people like my daughter.  She's not poor, she eats well, and appropriately, daddy see's too it.  She plays all day, I'm guessing she could run circles around anyone here.  She's also super chubby.  Go figure, lol.  There's nothing unhealthy about her, she's just chubby the way some kids at some points in their development put a little weight on before the next vertical growth spurt.  Her grandmother, on her mothers side...though, shames the shit out of her, like she shamed her own daughter....who wasn't chubby at all.

I still can't get my mind around that.

Last week I worked 86 hours from Monday to Sunday.  I had to to go to the gym for over 3 hours, I hour per day for 3 days Monday to Wednesday.  If you don't have a gym it's easy enough to lift some weight or do some step ups or sit ups.

When I used to do a manual labor job then my work was my gym but I'd still go to the gym ontop of that.

Admittedly my gym motivation is basically that there's good looking women at my gym and it's nice to see some nice ass after being sat in work for 12 hours.

I still had time ontop of that the other days to go visit my daughter.

And as for food, I don't know how it is in America, but you can get instant cous cous, pasta and rice for so on for fairly cheap.  Boil in the bag veg.  
A tin of chick peas is 33p, same with beans too.

I've just visited a website which asks the question why are poor people obese in America, but even on their charts the difference is still less than 10 percent between high earners and very low earners.  High earners being above 75000 and low being below 25000.

The level of obesity according to this chart, in people who earn less than 25000 is 30 percent, going up to people who earn 25000 to 50000 it's only around a 2 or 3 percent difference.

Also on this website it talks about the increase in cost of fruit and veg but I'm pretty sure I can find what anyone would consider to be cheap fruit and veg if I try.  Some of it might not be fresh it might be frozen or in tins though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
What are your thoughts on fat acceptance? - by Valyza1 - June 4, 2017 at 6:56 am
What are your thoughts on fat acceptance? - by Valyza1 - June 4, 2017 at 11:58 am
RE: What are your thoughts on fat acceptance? - by c172 - June 4, 2017 at 12:16 pm
RE: What are your thoughts on fat acceptance? - by paulpablo - June 7, 2017 at 10:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 11213 327988 58 minutes ago
Last Post: brewer
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2265 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2059 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 1057 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2376 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2261 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1496 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5771 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2109 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1184 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose