Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 11:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath.
RE: William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath.
[Image: th?id=OIP.ug0nLfQFZsg_trdjNU6P1ADcEL&pid=15.1]

(June 16, 2017 at 1:41 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Here is the DSM-V criteria for narcissistic personality disorder:

Quote:[*]Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
[*]Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
[*]Exaggerating your achievements and talents
[*]Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
[*]Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
[*]Requiring constant admiration
[*]Having a sense of entitlement
[*]Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
[*]Taking advantage of others to get what you want
[*]Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
[*]Being envious of others and believing others envy you
[*]Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
[*]

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20025568

It is clear to me, from watching the video, that Craig "crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others".  Note his constant belittlement of others' ideas, and especially, those of other scholars, which, by the way, his "Top 10" list can be traced to!  I have already pointed out the fact that #4 comes straight from Peter Millican, a distinguished professor of philosophy at Oxford.
[*]

Yup Craig loves stealing or cherry picking from academia when it suits his case . But tends to either ignore or exclude them when convenient .Stephen Hawking for example .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath. - by Amarok - June 16, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3494 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  RationalWiki article on Craig. Jehanne 56 18008 September 5, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3146 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  What logical fallacies are William Lane Craig's favorite? Lemonvariable72 19 7970 November 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Sam Harris simply destroys William Lane Craig little_monkey 10 6274 July 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01