Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website?
Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website?
Or have you in the past?  I did for a while in the past and gave it up.  Seemed really toxic to me then.  But I'm having a better experience this time.

Don't get me wrong.  Not everyone is welcoming of atheists but they at least allow you to join as open atheists.  Some mods really get mad if believers are rude to us.  But leave your potty mouth at home!  I got a warning for referring to someone as an *a**hole".  I sh*t you not.  

Not really sure why I'm there.  Something about arguing for better theology I guess.  I don't really mind people believing what they will about gods.  None of my business.  But I do wish they didn't make the usual self serving assumptions about atheism and reflected more critically about the limits of their epistemic position in relation to knowing of God.  I've got nothing but kudos for theists recognize that the degree of enthusiasm with which they embrace god belief is not the same thing as knowledge.  I mean, at least cop to the role of faith in your belief.
RE: Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website?
No reason to post anywhere except here.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(February 29, 2016 at 2:49 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: Or have you in the past?  I did for a while in the past and gave it up.  Seemed really toxic to me then.  But I'm having a better experience this time.

Don't get me wrong.  Not everyone is welcoming of atheists but they at least allow you to join as open atheists.  Some mods really get mad if believers are rude to us.  But leave your potty mouth at home!  I got a warning for referring to someone as an *a**hole".  I sh*t you not.  

Not really sure why I'm there.  Something about arguing for better theology I guess.  I don't really mind people believing what they will about gods.  None of my business.  But I do wish they didn't make the usual self serving assumptions about atheism and reflected more critically about the limits of their epistemic position in relation to knowing of God.  I've got nothing but kudos for theists recognize that the degree of enthusiasm with which they embrace god belief is not the same thing as knowledge.  I mean, at least cop to the role of faith in your belief.

At least you got a warning. I got permabanned without any warning or explanation of why. I can't even view the forum as a guest ...
I did. Could not take it very well.....
I think my head would explode if I went there.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 29, 2016 at 4:29 am)robvalue Wrote: I think my head would explode if I went there.

implode....it would implode.
I joined over there, but I haven't really posted anything. I don't like the format of the forum. Quoted text is too hard to read.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
As disconcerting as that may sound, I'm not posting on the Free Republic forums either.

Honestly, why would I be interested in posting where only indoctrinated Shit for Brains roam? I learned my lesson when posting once at the Ghost Hunters website. It was about aliens and why it's improbable that they come to us. The answers were nothing more sophisticated than being told to sod off. They're not out for discussing a matter. They're out to get confirmation for having their heads up their butts.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 29, 2016 at 11:33 am)abaris Wrote: As disconcerting as that may sound, I'm not posting on the Free Republic forums either.

Honestly, why would I be interested in posting where only indoctrinated Shit for Brains roam? I learned my lesson when posting once at the Ghost Hunters website. It was about aliens and why it's improbable that they come to us. The answers were nothing more sophisticated than being told to sod off. They're not out for discussing a matter. They're out to get confirmation for having their heads up their butts.

But on the reasonablefaith website they tend to drag every single question in some kind of academic "intelectual" philosophy type thingy. Quite strange....
(February 29, 2016 at 2:49 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: I got a warning for referring to someone as an *a**hole".  I sh*t you not.  

I wouldn't be interested in posting anywhere that would restrain one from calling another an asshole off they are, in fact, an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2499 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  Jesus Attended a Wedding While Also in the Wilderness YahwehIsTheWay 15 1972 November 30, 2018 at 8:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7011 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2358 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3393 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11562 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  RationalWiki article on Craig. Jehanne 56 17809 September 5, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath. Jehanne 55 17790 June 16, 2017 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3381 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3
  An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also) ReptilianPeon 1 1454 February 5, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd