Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RationalWiki article on Craig.
RationalWiki article on Craig.
Here it is:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Lane_Craig

Having read it and even contributed, I am absolutely convinced that WLC is a narcissistic sociopath.  Just read the section on Craig's "quote mining" of the late physicist John Bell.
RE: RationalWiki article on Craig.
(August 25, 2017 at 1:58 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Here it is:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Lane_Craig

Having read it and even contributed, I am absolutely convinced that WLC is a narcissistic sociopath.  Just read the section on Craig's "quote mining" of the late physicist John Bell.

You needed to read that to figure that out? Have you not watched him debate on youtube for more five seconds?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Quote: I am absolutely convinced that WLC is a narcissistic sociopath.

Just plain nuts.
Guy thinks hurling infants onto rocks was the "greatest possible good " and we should feel sorry for the soldiers doing it because they were cowards . I think that says it all.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Craig is a service provider in the market of religious economy.  "Reason and argument" believers are an under-exploited consumer demographic.  Few providers exist, and demand for the product is high.  The barrier to entry is nonexistent, overhead on the operation is low, and the margins are phenomenal.

Conveniently, Craig is not the producer of these intangible goods, but operates as a pass through marketer. He repackages and brands goods sourced from others, goods which have no patents or licensing fees, and then distributes them through a network of affiliate marketers which, themselves, provide the required infrastructure in the form of storefront.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 25, 2017 at 2:33 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Craig is a service provider in the market of religious economy.  "Reason and argument" believers are an under-exploited consumer demographic.  Few providers exist, and demand for the product is high.  The barrier to entry is nonexistent, overhead on the operation is low, and the margins are phenomenal.

He's an entertainer; it's his inability to realize that which fans his narcissism.
Meh, if he was a sociopathic narcissist you'd think he'd put more effort into getting people to like the image of self he projects.

I suppose he could just be bad at it, but...that's sort of unlikely.  

Wink

He's just a religious version of a used car salesman, imo. He's offering something that;s been beat all to shit, and it's not going to get you very far...but it's his job to make you feel good about the purchase regardless. People imagine all sorts of things about used car salesman, they're pretty much shorthand for slimy motherfuckers...but..you know, they're probably just normal people paying bills, eh? If he doesn't sell you that car, somebody else will - the only difference in either case is that in one outcome he's late on his mortgage and in the other he isn't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How good do you have to be to convince people who already believe in utter bullshit?
(August 25, 2017 at 2:46 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Meh, if he was a sociopathic narcissist you'd think he'd put more effort into getting people to like the image of self he projects.

I suppose he could just be bad at it, but...that's sort of unlikely.  

Wink

He's just a religious version of a used car salesman, imo.  He's offering something that;s been beat all to shit, and it's not going to get you very far...but it's his job to make you feel good about the  purchase regardless.  People imagine all sorts of things about used car salesman, they're pretty much shorthand for slimy motherfuckers...but..you know, they're probably just normal people paying bills, eh?  If he doesn't sell you that car, somebody else will - the only difference in either case is that in one outcome he's late on his mortgage and in the other he isn't.

Aren't they all, by definition?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Oh IDK.  Some of them go for pomp and ceremony.  Factory showroom stuff. Value-added, if you will.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Interesting Article on Religious Tolerance AFTT47 3 778 June 25, 2018 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3392 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  William Lane Craig is a narcissistic sociopath. Jehanne 55 17789 June 16, 2017 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Article about clergy who became atheists drfuzzy 38 9438 May 8, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3040 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  Brilliant article - good reading drfuzzy 8 3167 July 11, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Article: Would the world be better off without religion? Angrboda 25 5082 January 14, 2015 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Tonus
  What logical fallacies are William Lane Craig's favorite? Lemonvariable72 19 7923 November 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Sam Harris simply destroys William Lane Craig little_monkey 10 6253 July 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  BBC article: Big bang is there room for god? downbeatplumb 10 3936 October 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger