Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Modern Science Owe Its Existence to Religion?
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway.
(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: He is talking about a “paradox” and says “as strange as it may sound”, so it is obvious he is talking about science

Wait, what? As strange as it may sound means science? No, no, it doesn't, Stat. You are are obfuscating this debate . . . again.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Everyone else I have shown that quote to understands it immediately, even other atheists; you are just purposely dragging your feet on it.

I didn't misunderstand the quote, Stat. I pointed out its irrelevance and the uselessness of your snippet quoting in having an actual debate. Believe me, I would never drag my feet in a discussion with you. If I agreed with you, I would do it awful quick so I could get the fuck out of the mire.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: I guess it doesn’t matter if you don’t consider Dawkins a reliable source.

I didn't say that. I said I do not read Dawkins and, therefore, his opinions mean nothing to me, either for or against. I'm just interested in why you want to use other people's opinions and quotes instead of arguing for yourself.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: I never said you were ignoring my posts, I said you were ignoring the evidence I provided in them, which you have.

I can't ignore something that isn't there, Stat.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Trust me, you are hardly the pillar of patience on this board, there numerous posters on here with more patience.

I never said I was a pillar of patience. Fuck, you bounce around. I said, I am one of the few who has the patience to respond to you fully, which is absolutely true. Have you ever noticed the sheer mountain of one liners that border on "Look at this fucking idiot!" that are posted in reply to your walls of incomprehensible nonsense? I have. I give you more than that and I refrain from calling you an idiot, which is difficult when you basically respond in the same way as those you complain about.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: You see, this is what bothers me about you. You are just being dishonest, when I actually did go back and look at my original post; this is what I found…

Oh, look. You followed that with a bunch of selected quotes where you said modern science and not science. I was talking about you changing terms as the debate wears on. By the end of every one of your debates, your argument is not remotely like your op.

(August 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: So you can accuse me of moving the goalposts all you want, the facts don’t lie though.

No, but you do, by quote mining, changing up terms and otherwise being disingenuous.

As for the rest of your post, I am not bothering. You are boring the shit out of me with your, "Look! It's a quote." "You're too stupid to get the quote." "You don't understand what these geniuses are saying." "Other atheists understand what I am saying, but not you, because you're stupid." Blah, blah, blah. I don't want quotes from other atheists, Stat. I am not a sheep. I understand that is a tough concept for you. However, that is who I am. I'm not like, "Dawkins said it?!?!?!?! Holy shit. It must be true. Stat is a genius!! *slurp*" In all of these months of talking, you are still feeding me this shit waiting for the day I find my shepherd amongst your obscure references. Sorry, dude. I prefer actual, personal thought. I would not object to quotes supported by statistics, facts, links between modern science and religion, but all I get are other people saying "Dude, modern science and religion are tight!" Not even any of them provided those links. This is exhausting and pointless. You wouldn't know how to provide evidence because you are willing to accept such dubious evidence as the Bible. I should have come to that conclusion a long time ago.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:11 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by Shell B - August 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 8366 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Was it a modern day lynching? Not sure it fits the category jasonelijah 29 1466 March 30, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 879 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Saudi Arabia whitewashing its reputation by paying to PR companies WinterHold 0 236 October 17, 2018 at 8:00 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  No. He Does Not Owe An Apology, Douchebag. Minimalist 12 1474 January 18, 2018 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1458 October 23, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism] Lebneni Murtad 14 3704 March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Pissy-Gate Rears Its Ugly Head, Again. Minimalist 26 3048 March 5, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fuck-Up Fatigue Setting In and Its Only Been A Month Minimalist 4 1362 February 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's one of the saddest things of the modern day that the drug war exists EruptedCarcassBloat 14 2034 October 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris