Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism]
My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism]
I am from the Arab world where the women lack their basic rights like in KSA women must be covered up,cannot drive,and need permission from their male gurdian.
In Lebanon women lack their basic rights too but not as bad as KSA,
-A woman who is married to a non-Lebanese man, cannot grant her citizenship to her husband and children.
-Marital rape is not recognized as rape by the Lebanese Government.
-Marital law is governed by the religious courts, even though we have a secular civil marriage institution it is dysfunctional and the children of civil marriages are not recognized by the state. Religious courts do not allow women to file for divorce.
-Underage marriages, are legal and many girls who had arranged underage marriages have mental health issues.
But feminism is not really needed in the western world, because women have more rights than men do:
-False rape accusers are not punished by the police and judges, Brian Banks had his life ruined by his accuser and the judge dismissed the case when she admitted that she lied about it.
-Men still have to pay child support and alimony.
-Male victims of domestic violence and rape are not taken seriously.
-Men have to sign up for the selective services act in order to vote, women do not have to.
-Female genital mutilation is criminaled by the US Government, but male circumcision is legal and considered normal.

I am neither a feminist nor an MRA, I am an egalitarian and I think both men and women should have equal rights and obligations and oppurtunities.
Quote:What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011
RE: My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism]
What is a feminist?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Child support is (theoretically) paid by the parent who does not have custody, regardless of whether they are male of female.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(March 4, 2017 at 5:18 am)Alex K Wrote: What is a feminist?

A woman who frightens dimwitted men, usually.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
-
Quote:Male victims of domestic violence and rape are not taken seriously.

As someone who has counseled male domestic abuse victims on three continents this statement is false . It's still ethnic minority woman who get the shaft in this case

Quote:-Men have to sign up for the selective services act in order to vote, women do not have to.

Not here in Canada . And no modern US government is going to call a draft so this whining is for nothing .Plus often the same people who complain about this are the same people who tend to complain that women should not be in the military .Also remind me again who works the economy when the men go and fight?

Quote:-Men still have to pay child support and alimony.

Men can legally cut off there parental obligations . But it's a douche thing to do because it robs a child of having a relationship with it's parents.

Quote:False rape accusers are not punished by the police and judges, Brian Banks had his life ruined by his accuser and the judge dismissed the case when she admitted that she lied about it.

Yup and far far more often true rape victims have there lives ruined while there rapist walks free on a legal loophole
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Gaining the liking of westerners through self hating, is a very interesting and fine Arabic trait.
The deadly alliance is an interconnected inferiority complex, hidden under a superiority complex.

Believe your Arab brother: 
After the
khom oheekh Salamu Alaykum

I give you my brown hand, then I whisper to your ear (with a breath full of onions):

-Read History. And psychology.

Don't get me wrong; many of us smell so nice BTW; Saudies for example invest so much on buying perfumes.

Your username translates to "Lebanese Apostate". Here's your superiority complex.
Your post is your inferority complex.

Women cover themselves up in Arabia before Islam is even on the table.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b..._face_veil

It's even in the Bible.
So technically it's an old Arab habit. Maybe a Lebanese ancient lady can lecture you about it; being close to the Romans and all.

Then, there's Youri. Here: he's Lebanese:

Some Saudi music:

IDK..But it's like...

Conclusion: covering the whole body and face is ancient. It became a Bedwin habit. Saudies integrated that habit into their Wahhabi religion. 
The main problem with the middle east is complexes and self hating.

Once upon a time, Muslims invented Algebra.
No, women do not have more rights than men in the west.  These arguments have been debunked a hundred times.  You should probably look for some new material, and stop using the fallacy of relative privation.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(March 4, 2017 at 5:18 am)Alex K Wrote: What is a feminist?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 6, 2017 at 2:50 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 4, 2017 at 5:18 am)Alex K Wrote: What is a feminist?

A woman made of straw that frightened boys commonly throw stones at.
This thread ... it's dildoes.

[Image: uw0N5GV.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was it a modern day lynching? Not sure it fits the category jasonelijah 29 1247 March 30, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Sal
  More fun thoughts onlinebiker 40 3755 August 7, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  What are your thoughts on this story? NuclearEnergy 6 1499 June 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Feminism in prehistoric times / primitive culture larson 107 22586 May 18, 2017 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  What's your thoughts on Trump? Zenith 239 29445 March 27, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Periods, body positivity, and third wave feminism BrokenQuill92 143 11950 February 8, 2017 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Your thoughts on the protests Aroura 221 23248 November 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Drich
  It's one of the saddest things of the modern day that the drug war exists EruptedCarcassBloat 14 1991 October 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Sexism/feminism: what's your reaction to this song? Whateverist 93 14318 August 29, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: InsaneDane
  Hillary Clinton and the DNC, My Thoughts Mechaghostman2 1 751 July 31, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: dyresand