Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God existed
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed
(October 27, 2017 at 1:22 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 27, 2017 at 12:44 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Exaggerating?  Absolutely.  The woman's personal story about what happens is just about worthless when it comes to determining how she recovered, because she has absolutely no medical knowledge - she's just saying what she felt and giving her opinions on what sort of supernatural stuff she thinks caused it.  Meanwhile, the doctors who actually treated her (from your article) 

No offense to the lady, but I'll take the medical interpretation and diagnosis from the doctors over her own.  And the others involved in her medial treatment that apparently came forward to support it being a miracle?

So they definitely have medical professionals related to the case that support it being a miracle...they just won't give their names.  Convenient.

And I can't find anything about the husband recanting his skepticism of the event - could you provide me a source for that?

If you're asking my opinion, I think it's pretty glaringly obvious that she was cured by medical science - as agreed upon by every named person involved in this case except for her.  Regardless, if you're still on the fence, then this still must not qualify as "ruling out every other possible explanation" and certainly can't be called a miracle.

EDIT:  ugh, text formatting.. too lazy to fix the fonts.

Yes, Dr Mustafi was one of the 3 doctors who declined to testify for a miracle. He went public with this case so I assume that's why we have his name and not the names of the other 2 who declined or the ones who participated? 

Unless there's something I'm missing, I'm not convinced that this can be called a miracle. I'd have to hear an argument as to why they don't think her tumor could be cured due to the antibiotics. If what Dr Mustafi is saying is true, there should be medical records detailing her recovery and her decreasing tumor.    

As for the husband recanting his skepticism, the article actually said that at the end: 

Quote:Although he once told reporters he believed his wife recovered after medical treatment, he now says he was ­misquoted.

“It happened due to the blessings of Mother Teresa,” he said. “She prayed a long time to her. I went to many doctors and she was not getting well. After that day, she was cured.”

He also mentioned it on this article:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/a-ray-cu...le-1454054

Thanks for the note on the husband, must've missed that.  I just find it weird that the church wouldn't put forth their evidence clearly and openly if it's indeed conclusive - that would be a much better counter to the skeptics than their current model, if they want more people to accept the truth.

And they had medical records, but they were confiscated by the Missionaries of Charity.  http://content.time.com/time/magazine/ar...89,00.html
Quote:Monica's medical records contain sonograms, prescriptions and physicians' notes that could conceivably help prove whether science or the icon worked the cure. But the records are missing. Monica says Sister Betta of the Missionaries of Charity took them away two years ago. "It's all with her," says Monica. A call to Sister Betta, who has been reassigned to another post of the Charity, produced a "no comment."

And please note that throughout this, her doctors said she was responding to treatment - it wasn't just an overnight sudden "no more tumor!" poof disappearing thing.

I'm glad that you say you're unconvinced that this is a miracle.  Just understand that your unconvinced...ness, is how I view all of the miracle claims that have been put forth (so far).  I find their claims and evidence equally as weak and circumstantial as this one. Many times even weaker than this one, if all we have is hearsay and eyewitness accounts, which are infamously inaccurate and fallible.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by c172 - October 6, 2017 at 12:31 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Joods - October 13, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by FatAndFaithless - October 27, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6797 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3547 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4805 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1460 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2945 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4403 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2335 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15950 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 7162 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2674 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon