Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would God be an atheist?
Would God be an atheist?
Technically, he would believe he had no creator, and that there is no higher power than himself.

Does this mean God would be an atheist?  Tongue
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
RE: Would God be an atheist?
The bright note in this massive speculation on magical questions is that people kill themselves and commit crime while don't even know about such magical things. Magical questions are incomprehensible but its a good hobby at least.
Re creator, would he believe or would he know? 

Maybe god knows he's not alone, ya know, overbearing mom, bitchy sister, detached father (this would explain some things). The monotheists down here may not have it right and only talk about the spoiled brat of the family. I guess this kinda takes care of the higher power issue also. 

Think Trelane.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
God could always have faith, god also cannot prove that he wasnt created by a unicorn. So he could be theist too.
God is omniscient apparently so it would know if it had been created by a creator, if it was created then it's a theist, and depending if that creator is a needy God, it must worship that God. If it knew it had created itself then it would be a theist and worship itself.
If it knew it had always existed then it is probably wondering if it's really omniscient.

(November 11, 2017 at 3:34 pm)Martian Mermaid Wrote: Technically, he would believe he had no creator, and that there is no higher power than himself.

He would be a 'noonebadasserthanmyself' ist
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(November 11, 2017 at 4:31 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Re creator, would he believe or would he know? 

Maybe god knows he's not alone, ya know, overbearing mom, bitchy sister, detached father (this would explain some things). The monotheists down here may not have it right and only talk about the spoiled brat of the family. I guess this kinda takes care of the higher power issue also. 

Think Trelane.
Reminds me of Greek mythology. 
Anyway, do these other family members would have universes too? Or do you think they would possess the other planets in this universe? 
I guess they could be anything since a God could be whatever the human imagination can come up with.

(November 11, 2017 at 4:53 pm)Cod Wrote: God is omniscient apparently so it would know if it had been created by a creator, if it was created then it's a theist, and depending if that creator is a needy God, it must worship that God. If it knew it had created itself then it would be a theist and worship itself.
If it knew it had always existed then it is probably wondering if it's really omniscient.
Yes good point
(November 11, 2017 at 11:09 pm)possibletarian Wrote:
(November 11, 2017 at 3:34 pm)Martian Mermaid Wrote: Technically, he would believe he had no creator, and that there is no higher power than himself.

He would be a 'noonebadasserthanmyself' ist
So would believing you are the highest power count as theism?
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
No, it just proves Atheists are Theists worshipping themselves or rather illusions of what they think they are.
I've wondered how God could be so sure he's omniscient. How would he know if there was something he didn't know? Like if he was created last Thursday with all of his memories or whether he's a brain in a jar?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(November 15, 2017 at 5:33 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I've wondered how God could be so sure he's omniscient. How would he know if there was something he didn't know? Like if he was created last Thursday with all of his memories or whether he's a brain in a jar?

I don't believe you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78508 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4029 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2530 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11590 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4613 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 48919 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  What proof would it take for me to believe in god? Lemonvariable72 37 8090 October 17, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: IATIA
  What Would the World b Like if You were God Rhondazvous 45 8559 August 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: ForsakenHeretic
  Why would you want to believe in god? Spooky 24 4540 July 3, 2015 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Ha ha: If you were God what would you do? emilynghiem 11 2668 February 16, 2015 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: LastPoet