Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God and Death, dying out.
God and Death, dying out.
They die out. One by one; first their health declines, and then they become weaker and weaker, until one of them falls. The fall might be a silent stroke, maybe it's a type of paralysis, something that screams "decay": the body of your loved one is decaying. It cannot hold anymore.

Yes; I'm speaking about the departure of a person you love so much to the other side. The grim reaper floats above their head; and the most interesting fact of it all is that the moments that precede their departure, they become so sick and crippled they can't even talk.

I'm speaking specifically about Ishemeic Strokes. Through all my life I thought I was tough, until I saw that family member vomits on themselves due to tube feeding. It was the saddest scene I ever saw, and I knew what the grim reaper's fist is like.

Our loved ones will all be gone, if we didn't go before them. Every day I spend at the hospital reminds me of that fact. And reminds me more that I need something eternal by my side, something that stays no matter how old I get, or how alone I be. Someone that never leaves.

That one is God. And I believe in him. In my time their will be no one else as an ever lasting companion, it's not for him it's for me; I believe  for myself not to become sad.

With God; death won't be in vein. It would be another gateway.
RE: God and Death, dying out.
(May 11, 2018 at 3:52 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: They die out. One by one; first their health declines, and then they become weaker and weaker, until one of them falls. The fall might be a silent stroke, maybe it's a type of paralysis, something that screams "decay": the body of your loved one is decaying. It cannot hold anymore.

Yes; I'm speaking about the departure of a person you love so much to the other side. The grim reaper floats above their head; and the most interesting fact of it all is that the moments that precede their departure, they become so sick and crippled they can't even talk.

I'm speaking specifically about Ishemeic Strokes. Through all my life I thought I was tough, until I saw that family member vomits on themselves due to tube feeding. It was the saddest scene I ever saw, and I knew what the grim reaper's fist is like.

Our loved ones will all be gone, if we didn't go before them. Every day I spend at the hospital reminds me of that fact. And reminds me more that I need something eternal by my side, something that stays no matter how old I get, or how alone I be. Someone that never leaves.

That one is God. And I believe in him. In my time their will be no one else as an ever lasting companion, it's not for him it's for me; I believe  for myself not to become sad.

There is no "other side". The only thing about ourselves that remains is the memories of us in those whom have met us. Life for the individual after they die will feel the same as it did before they were born. Neither you or I were around 4 billion years ago and we wont be 5 billion years from now when our sun runs out of energy. Our planet has had 5 mass extinctions, so it is reasonable to expect our species will be out long before that 5 billion years.

If anything shortens our species ride, it would be chasing fictional utopias instead of facts.
Cling to whatever you need to keep going, and go peacefully, I guess. You do you, and I'll do me.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sounds like a coping mechanism doesn’t it.
(May 11, 2018 at 3:52 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: They die out. One by one; first their health declines, and then they become weaker and weaker, until one of them falls. The fall might be a silent stroke, maybe it's a type of paralysis, something that screams "decay": the body of your loved one is decaying. It cannot hold anymore.

I miss my Brother, Cousin, Grandparents. Did you ever stop to think that you are telling me my loved ones are roasting in Hell because they either chose the wrong god or did not believe. Somehow I am supposed to find comfort? Twisted!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

You just gave the reason why religions exist.  People are afraid of dying and they want to live forever.  Since their lives are crap they want something better so they invent the idea of a soul that will exist after they die.  So that enables con men to come up with a religious doctrine that promises people what they want, but only if they do what the con men want.  Otherwise the person will spend eternity in hell.  It all sounds so reasonable because people have already deluded themselves without any previous help.  The con men and their religions just add structure to the person's own self delusion.

We will all die.  Some people experience horrific deaths.  Others go through a long process of dying.  Some lives end suddenly without warning.  If a person chooses to go through a long process of dying it's want they want.  There's no reason to feel sad about it other that you will miss their company and support.

This is a good way to go for some people = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOV8mBjHHYg
Religion is just a crutch for those who cannot face the reality of death, after death you will only exist in the memory of those who knew you, asking where you go after that is like asking where the music goes when the band stops playing.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm truly sorry for your (impending?) loss.  Given the suffering and loss of dignity that often follows a stroke, how do you feel about assisted suicide?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 11, 2018 at 3:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

There is no "other side". The only thing about ourselves that remains is the memories of us in those whom have met us. Life for the individual after they die will feel the same as it did before they were born. Neither you or I were around 4 billion years ago and we wont be 5 billion years from now when our sun runs out of energy. Our planet has had 5 mass extinctions, so it is reasonable to expect our species will be out long before that 5 billion years.

If anything shortens our species ride, it would be chasing fictional utopias instead of facts.

Right. I have sent both parents on their way and had the unhappy task of formal corpse ID with the cops. For some reason, the deluded think this should drive atheists in to hopeless despair forever. I don't see why or how such a messed up idea arises. 

I don't mourn my parents passing, I celebrate their living. 

To paint a picture, I have often been told that my father was not just a gentleman, but a gentle man. My mother was not my mother, she was everyone's mother. Sure, I miss them, but I hope to be at least worthy of them and their lives as lived.
(May 11, 2018 at 6:36 pm)chimp3 Wrote:

I miss my Brother, Cousin, Grandparents. Did you ever stop to think that you are telling me my loved ones are roasting in Hell because they either chose the wrong god or did not believe. Somehow I am supposed to find comfort? Twisted!

I don't think about them but I think about my own self. Why would I care that others will be in hell? that's quite narcissistic of me, if I didn't enter it then I won, if I did enter then I lost. Your brother and cousin and grandparents are out of the equation for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78647 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2558 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11603 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4623 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance ReptilianPeon 16 4136 December 7, 2015 at 1:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Abrahamic god of death and destruction Chad32 27 4891 September 11, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  It's Dying Out! Minimalist 24 3690 May 28, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19379 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Why did god made death? Phish 32 10201 March 3, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx