Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God existed
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed
(October 29, 2017 at 9:02 am)possibletarian Wrote:
(October 28, 2017 at 9:58 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: No probs!

In those times, when they said "The Law of the Prophet" they were specifically referring to the 10 commandments.  

Personally I don't even know what Leviticus law is.

Levitical law would be a better phrase, and you really don't know what it is ?

Where does it say 'The law of the prophet' ?

Do you mean 'The law and the prophets' ?

(October 29, 2017 at 6:49 am)Captain_Nemo Wrote: This is what many miss today.
The mode of communication 2000 years ago was different to what we use today.

To decode the past one must teach oneself to code in the same way. One has to understand things like informational warfare. Sabotage of the code etc.
The greatness of Jesus can actually only be seen when one understands the way humans communicate in a broad sense.

Let's compare it to ant feromone - there is no smell like Jesus, no behaviour like the behaviour of a true believer - and it already lasts over 2000 years.
I mean others smell good too - like Socrates, Confucius etc. but their smell is hidden and has to be looked for. Jesus no matter if You like him or not is just present in the air all the time.
Of course there is no way to grasp the glory of God - it's as if teaching a worm mathematical algorithms - but God is able - if You allow him inside he will teach You those algorithms. With those algorithms one becomes powerful enough to influence reality.

Faith could be translated into trust - if You stick to something long enough it will be woth it. Some subjects need years to achive full mastery. Love (not the romantic one) also needs training, but its like runnning on a completely different fuel. To never fear again, to never be demotivated, to feel this constant hunger for more.

-------
Ultimately -  people react to religious writings like somebody who saw morse code the first time and complaints about dots and strokes. Imagine getting a page in morse code and having to decode it - it would take a few hours at least.

Has the distinct smell of bullshit to me, I've never seen such a concentration of gobshyte in one place.

It's (a very bad) way of saying 'If you believe then you will believe', once you believe something to be true then of course you find every hidden meaning. The same though can be said of the hunger of any religion, creed, conspiracy theory or dogma.

I thought so too, but then I read the whole of the Guru Granth Sahib - basically the book said the same thing over and over again.
It's not about knowing something - but how You know. You can know about the existence of all spices and still not know how to cook.
Same goes for religions and worldviews, You can know about the existence of different thoughts, but if You do not know in what proportions to combine them the end effect will not be tasty.

That is why Christianity isn't just Christianity - it changed over the years and places to get the real deal one has to be able to cook the same dish Jesus did 2000 years ago. Just change the proportion of one of the ingridients in a dish and it turns into something completely different. Faith requires one to swallow everything that is served so that the main point is not lost. If I were Satan I would add disgusting things into Jesus's soup and tell people, see that and that -  don't eat it.
So just use Your imagination do "time travel" in the sense of deduction and try to find out what Jesus really meant to say.

Again if we were to compare it to ants. Depending on how You feed the larvae it will turn into a worker, soldier or queen. Same for humans depening on what kind of information You put into Your mind You will be either a worker, soldier or queen (meaning ruling class). Information similarly as food could be classified as to their richness in calories. Since religions by their function aspire to a be a control mechanism they are an obvious place to look for this kind of information.

In Rome they had the legend about a golden branch that had to be broken off of a tree to gain freedom. It's just a branch of knowledge that has to be incorporated into one's worldview.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by c172 - October 6, 2017 at 12:31 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Joods - October 13, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 14, 2017 at 7:10 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 7:05 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:00 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:04 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:08 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 1:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 4:32 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 6:11 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Captain_Nemo - October 31, 2017 at 2:42 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 29, 2017 at 10:27 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 10:21 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6716 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3382 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4732 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1440 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2898 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4317 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2324 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15812 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 7057 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2634 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon