Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer?
RE: How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer?
(November 25, 2017 at 6:57 am)alpha male Wrote:
(November 24, 2017 at 7:28 pm)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: He is judge, jury and executioner.

Exactly. It's special pleading to refer to killing by such as murder.

Quote:Murder is killing. Killing is unethical. God is unethical. Simple logical conclusion.

Rather, a simplistic conclusion based on a faulty premise. While murder is necessarily killing, killing isn't necessarily murder. My late father volunteered to go to Europe and kill Germans. No one called him a murderer. Millions of turkeys were eaten in the US a couple days ago. They were killed. Police aren't raiding the turkey farms.

Quote:NO! I don't eat my relatives, but thanks for the offer. Really? Is it special pleading to call 9/11 an atrocity?

No, but it would be special pleading to call the killing of Bin Laden murder, at least in the US. Those SEALs weren't put in jail for it that I recall.

Quote:Mass murder is an atrocity no matter to whom it is attributed.

You haven't established anything God has done as murder.

Quote:Oops, yet another personal attack. The tally increases...

Xtians attacking BBZ: several million + 1
BBF attacking xtians: 0

Still holding to my ethics...

Yeah, the ethical child abuser.  Rolleyes

Ok, I see what you are doing here. You are creating a special form of killing called murder which is "bad" and reserving a special form of killing which you are going to call "good". It's a special rarefied universe that xtians live in which allows this kind of mental gymnastics that turns unethical actions into ethical ones. Let me tell you something that you may not be aware of. All killing is unethical. End of story. Did that shock you? I guess when you come of a very loose moral stance as xtians tend to do (they have to to justify all the killing their god does as "good"), it's a shock to hear about a morality or ethical standpoint that is superior to that derived from the bible.

Your god is described in the bible as killing millions of living beings. This is unethical. Not much you can do to wriggle out of that. Then mental gymnastics that you have engaged in your post above still doesn't excuse the mass killings of a maniacal god.

The tally increases once again...

Xtians attacking BBZ: several million + 2
BBF attacking xtians: 0

Still holding to my ethics...

(November 25, 2017 at 1:32 pm)Godscreated Wrote:
(November 23, 2017 at 4:31 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: If we are to take the bible literally (as the original authors intended it) we read that the xtian god is responsible for mass murder (eg flooding the world killing millions of living beings), infanticide (eg the Egyptian exodus), the destruction of entire villages (Sodom and Gomorrah), etc, etc. I can't go on for two reasons. It is a horrific litany of murders and it is a very long list. Suffice it to say it is a list of murders estimated in the vicinity of 25 million people let alone all the other living beings. For those interested, you can see the complete horrific list here:

Drunk With Blood

So, my question to the xtians is, how do you reconcile an "ethical" god with the god in the bible that has committed all these atrocities?

He can't murder, that would be a sin and against who God is. God is the perfect, righteous creator who owns all the universe and all that it contains. It is His right to deal with it as He see's fit in accordance to His plan. God also judges the people who die before their lives are taken and if found guilty He has the right to end those lives, they actually belong to Him. You as all people think and live in a physical world, God deals in the spiritual and spiritual world, this means we are incapable of seeing the real truth as God eternal does.

GC

He killed millions of living beings. That's not perfect or righteous, that's unethical.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer? - by Bow Before Zeus - November 26, 2017 at 4:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 30956 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8941 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Papal mass in Phoenix Park likely to be a damp squib GUBU 10 1769 August 24, 2018 at 5:57 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 24035 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 10076 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  For God Is So Worried Where You Put Your Dick.... Minimalist 16 2900 February 27, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8910 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Christians Please Reconcile this Statement themonkeyman 18 4204 April 26, 2014 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Drich
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12815 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead. Greatest I am 1 1460 May 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused