Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why i don't respect your religion or your faith
Why i don't respect your religion or your faith
One only needs to look at history and the founding of the United States to realize.. christians are fucking assholes. 
That being said the first slave ship to America was called The Good Jesus. I don't need to talk about how people were treated 
beaten, raped, killed, etc. All i have to do is look at the bible and look at history. That being said the bible was written by
a bunch of cunts it's beyond reason why there is hardly any black atheists. The so called god of the bible shouldn't be praised
people should look at it and be like oi that's that mother fucker who said slavery is okay and my ancestors had to put up with this bullshit you 
know what fuck him. It really pisses me off the bible isn't worth the paper it's written on and its not worth the leather covering it. 

-pissed off rant over.  Angry
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why i don't respect your religion or your faith
For what it's worth, I too find it extremely sickening what these so called Christians did. And to be so hypocritical as to call their ship "The Good Jesus" is the cherry on top.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I respect people, not ideas. Ideas deserve scrutiny, not respect.
(September 13, 2015 at 3:59 pm)dyresand Wrote: One only needs to look at history and the founding of the United States to realize.. christians are fucking assholes. 
That being said the first slave ship to America was called The Good Jesus. I don't need to talk about how people were treated 
beaten, raped, killed, etc. All i have to do is look at the bible and look at history. That being said the bible was written by
a bunch of cunts it's beyond reason why there is hardly any black atheists. The so called god of the bible shouldn't be praised
people should look at it and be like oi that's that mother fucker who said slavery is okay and my ancestors had to put up with this bullshit you 
know what fuck him. It really pisses me off the bible isn't worth the paper it's written on and its not worth the leather covering it. 

-pissed off rant over.  Angry

Obviously those weren't true Christians Shy
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I just have to say yeah they were being as close as they possibly could to being biblical christians. That being said the mind set and the blatant
racism and ignorance from that period is really packaged with the religion itself that being said i live in the south. So yeah i mean i'm dark skinned
i'm not Afro American at all i'm native American and it really pisses me off how in this day and age a person could treat another human being.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(September 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: For what it's worth, I too find it extremely sickening what these so called Christians did. And to be so hypocritical as to call their ship "The Good Jesus" is the cherry on top.

Yeah...but the thing being is well.. they were following the bible and they were however being closer to true christians than christians today. 
That is saying a lot considering christians in biblical days were... barbaric...

Code:
(September 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: For what it's worth, I too find it extremely sickening what these so called Christians did. And to be so hypocritical as to call their ship "The Good Jesus" is the cherry on top.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Thats the thing. It wasn't so-called Christians. These people were very deeply and truly Christian and many tried harder then most Christians today. They were following the bible which openly endorses slavery old and new testaments. It was actually people going against the bible that fought to end slavery, some Christian, some not. Many said that Abraham Lincoln had anti-religious sentiments and Robert Ingersoll was a diehard abolitionist that took up arms against the south and fought in one of the nastiest theatre's. Thomas Jefferson and Charles Darwin were both anti-slavery ( Darwin nearly got left in south america because he was caught freeing slaves.)
So while yes many important abolitionists like Frederick Douglass were Christian, they were actually arguably less Christian then the slavers because the bible openly supports slavery in its most vile forms. So therefore the Christians that opposed slavery (and rightly so) were actually discarding their religious morality for secular morality on this issue.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 13, 2015 at 4:31 pm)Napoléon Wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I get what you're saying. But I'm not interested in trying to defend, rationalist, or make excuses for what those people did. The OP said all Christians are A-holes, and I'm also not going to try to change his mind if that's how he feels.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 13, 2015 at 4:55 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I get what you're saying. But I'm not interested in trying to defend, rationalist, or make excuses for what those people did. The OP said all Christians are A-holes, and I'm also not going to try to change his mind if that's how he feels.

Then you can at least admit a proportion of christians are assholes? Instead of saying "they're not christians" or referring to them as "so-called" christians?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13130 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11451 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58439 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4434 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6176 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4372 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3927 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5425 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22984 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37835 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman