Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer?
RE: How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer?
(November 30, 2017 at 6:59 am)Starhunter Wrote:
(November 29, 2017 at 10:25 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: God, as described in the bible, is an immoral thug, a butcher, a slaver, a hypocrite, a liar, a rapist, and so forth.

Is that clear enough or must I swear to get the point across?

Do you have any proof of that, such as actual texts which say that, or are you just venting?

Bloodthirsty:

The Lord has a sword; it is sated with blood. Isaiah 34:6

For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you for making atonement for your lives on the altar; for, as life, it is the blood that makes atonement. Leviticus 17:11

He [Moses] rose early in the morning, and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and set up twelve pillars, corresponding to the twelve tribes of Israel. He sent young men of the people of Israel, who offered burnt offerings and sacrificed oxen as offerings of well-being to the Lord. Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and half of the blood he dashed against the altar. Exodus 24:4–6

And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.  Ezekiel 39:17–18

For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood.  Jeremiah 46:10

I will make my arrows drunk with blood, while my sword devours flesh: the blood of the slain and the captives, the heads of the enemy leaders.’ Rejoice, you nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people. Deuteronomy 32:42

The Lord is angry with all nations; his wrath is on all their armies. He will totally destroy them, he will give them over to slaughter. Their slain will be thrown out, their dead bodies will stink; the mountains will be soaked with their blood. Isaiah 34:2–3

Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel. … Cursed is he who does the work of the Lord with slackness; and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from bloodshed. Jeremiah 48:1, 10

Infanticidal

I will punish the world for its evil. … Whoever is found will be thrust through, and whoever is caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished. … Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the fruit of the womb; their eyes will not pity children.  Isaiah 13:11–18

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel. … Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2–3

And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword.  1 Samuel 22:19

Yet was she carried away, she went into captivity: her young children also were dashed in pieces at the top of all the streets.  Nahum 3:10

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. Hosea 13:16

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.  Numbers 31:17

And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. Jeremiah 13:14

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods. … But thou shalt surely kill him. … And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you. Deuteronomy 13:6–11

and so on and on
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer? - by Fake Messiah - November 30, 2017 at 8:31 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 30956 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8941 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Papal mass in Phoenix Park likely to be a damp squib GUBU 10 1769 August 24, 2018 at 5:57 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 24035 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 10076 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  For God Is So Worried Where You Put Your Dick.... Minimalist 16 2900 February 27, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8910 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Christians Please Reconcile this Statement themonkeyman 18 4204 April 26, 2014 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Drich
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12815 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead. Greatest I am 1 1460 May 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused