Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution!
RE: Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution!
(December 18, 2017 at 3:20 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote:
(December 18, 2017 at 2:51 am)Godscreated Wrote: First of all the Bible doesn't say that Adam and Eve were created 6000 years ago, that is an assumption of man.

The genealogies of Genesis record the line of descent from Adam through Noah to Abraham. From this genealogy, the age of the earth has been determined to be approximately 6,000 old. This is not an assumption of man but a close reading, study and calculation of the literal bible genealogy. Of course, you can reject the bible but as Henry Morris, a leading Young Earth Creationist, explained it, "Christians who flirt with less-than-literal readings of biblical texts are also flirting with theological disaster." and Christians must "either ... believe God's Word all the way, or not at all."

So which one are you? A xtian that believe's god's word all the way or not at all???

Of course I believe the entire Bible. What Morris didn't tell you is there are probably gaps in the genealogy and that we do not know how long Adam and Eve lived in the Garden before they sinned. I believe it's close to that 6000 year date but the Bible is not specific on that point.

Quote:Secondly you need to show your claimed proof that the theory of evolution has now been proven and that it has proven there was no Adam and Eve.

BBZ Wrote:For goodness sakes, man, don't take my word for it! Why don't you take yourself to the Natural History Museum in London and examine the millions of pieces of evidence for evolution, many of them collected by the great man, Charles Darwin himself.

That man is not great, he was riding the story another started. All that stuff in museums doesn't prove a thing. Like I said prove your claim or keep quite.

Quote:Show me were science has proven there is no original sin, I've never seen that in any reliable scientific texts.

BBZ Wrote:Right, we have already been through this, but I can repeat it for you. Evolution proves that there was no Adam and Eve. With no Adam and Even, there was no eating of the forbidden fruit. With no eating of the said forbidden fruit, there was no sin against god committed. With no sin against, god, no original sin, no need for a saviour. Ipso facto, your god disappears in a puff of smoke.

We haven't been through anything, you have only presented assumptions. Evolution hasn't been proven so how in the world do you expect it to disprove Adam and Eve. None of that has been disproved not in the slightest. One day you will see that the Christians were correct, then what?

Quote:Lastly you better fear the judgement because it's coming your way if you do not change, and it will be you who decides your eternal destination, it will be God who grants you your decision. 

GC

BBZ Wrote:I have no fear. I laugh at your pathetic little threat. I look at you threatening me as I would look upon a voodoo witchdoctor shaking his death stick at me! Your threats are primitive therefore laughable.

I didn't threaten you, I'm telling you what the Bible says. I have no power to judge you for your sin so I can't threaten you if I wanted to. I am warning you of what the future holds for those who are not forgiven. God says that the man who does not fear is a fool.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! - by Godscreated - December 19, 2017 at 1:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3535 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7302 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How long will Christians wait for Jesus? Fake Messiah 150 33125 February 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2898 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7091 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Joshua long day? truth search 14 3571 December 22, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36846 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8578 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18524 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  What Took Jesus So Long? Beta Ray Bill 61 13376 October 8, 2013 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Searching4truth