Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians
(February 2, 2018 at 3:28 am)Godscreated Wrote: It doesn't matter whether God would be God without one of the Persons of God, God is who He is and that means He is unchanging, He has always been triune and He always will be. This puts an end to arguing about the nature of God, it has been established eternally.

I'm not sure you even know what I'm arguing. I never argued that Christians like you don't believe that God is eternally triune. Unless I'm missing your point here.

Quote:Second you have stated that all three "are fully the one God." This isn't correct and you know it, you've stated it that way because you know you can use it endlessly to argue with. The correct statement is that the Father is fully God, the Son is fully God and the Holy Spirit is fully God, this means they are all of one nature, of one mind. By using "one" the way you did separates them from each other and that isn't possible.

It wasn't my intention to describe the triune God as God comprising ontologically separate Persons. I thought I was doing Christians like you a favor by stressing that each of the Persons of God are that one and same God, that they are all that one Being.

Do you agree with SteveII that each of the Persons of God are a part of God? You know, when I was a Christian, I was clearly taught that this was heresy as it minimizes the divinity of each of the Persons.

Quote:You were correct when you said the three are one God and yet they are three distinct Persons. The Father is not the head but does instruct the Son and Holy Spirit in what to do, Jesus said that He does what He sees the Father doing and Jesus also said that the Father will send the Holy Spirit after I have ascended to the Father. Jesus also said that the Father is the only one who knows when I will be sent back to claim my people, thus more proof of three separate persons.

What do you mean by "separate"? Do you mean they are parallel divine persons, rather than having the exact same being? I was taught that the Persons of God were distinct, but NOT separate. Distinct in terms of roles, but inseparable otherwise.

Quote:As you pointed out at Jesus baptisim, Jesus was the one baptised, the Holy Spirit appeared as a dove and sat upon His shoulder and the Father spoke and called Him my Son. Again we have three persons who are one God, they all three made themselves known and that they were in agreement with the beginning of Christ's ministry. Also let me mention that when you see the word LORD in all caps this is referring to the Trinity. As far as I have noticed when Jesus was called Lord in the NT only the 'L' is in caps. So all three are God and all three participate in discussions and decisions because they are of one mind and nature, yet the Father does instruct the Son and Holy Spirit in when they should do things. You might ask why would God do something this way, well it is a guide to how the family is to conduct itself. The father, mother and children are all equal partners in the family and all have a voice in the family, but like the heavenly Father the father of an earthly family instructs or makes a finial decision.

So you believe God is just a term for a family of divine entities? How are you different from the Mormons in this regard (aside from the eternal part)?

Messages In This Thread
The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Grandizer - January 31, 2018 at 12:52 pm
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Grandizer - February 2, 2018 at 7:34 am
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Drich - February 7, 2018 at 10:33 am
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Drich - February 7, 2018 at 5:57 pm
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Drich - February 8, 2018 at 2:26 pm
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Drich - February 9, 2018 at 10:09 am
RE: The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians - by Drich - February 9, 2018 at 10:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Trinity zwanzig 127 8165 January 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8196 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refuting trinity. Mystic 35 5634 April 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14734 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3082 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  former Christians here? i need help with a research mcolafson 3 1313 August 29, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32406 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  10 apologist mistakes about trinity Mystic 21 4242 April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: athrock
  A doctrine of alienation Mystical 39 6555 September 23, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52727 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho