Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A doctrine of alienation
A doctrine of alienation
Christians, if you are here reading this you are already lost among the flocks. Having an open mind, being who you are, following what you think is right-- it's not the religion you profess to follow. Pretty much, yer doin it wrong. The truth of the bible is this:

Quote:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

Luke 12:51-52
51 "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division." 52 "For from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three"

Matthew 10:34-35
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." 35 "For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

I have a lot to say on this particular subject in general, but most recently I was invited to my brothers new place. He "quit drinking" and has finished a program for homeless via Salvation Army where they took 80% of his paycheck (of jobs they found for him) and now he has a place of his own. I told him how proud I was, he's 25 it's his first place. I asked if we could spend as much time before I moved out of state as possible with him to which at first he said he would love to see me! Then he replied:

Quote:Just so you know, I mean I know your my blood sister, and you have a special place in my soul, but that being said, I am a devout followet of Christ, and I am doing everything in my power to keep a reverent fear of God's wrath and absence. So, I've got nothing but things about what God has done in my life to share. If my faith makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to come. I am riding God's canoe through an ocean I had no idea I was even floating on. I will never hate you. But I need to be wary of people who do not believe in God and the salvation of ours souls through Christ; even if it is my own family.
5 hours ago

I feel as if he's just built a giant wall and left me out in the dust. This kid I grew up with toe to toe shoulder to shoulder--is every year pushing himself away from me, and my mom (whose LGBT). He's said some of the most disgusting things he could say to us like how I'll end up a puke slathered corpse one day on the side of the highway (when I told him I no longer believed in the abrahamic god). He's disowned and repaired and disowned my mom so many times it's mean, and he hangs out with my cousin who also professes Christ is King! In the middle of stores and stuff like a weirdo. But that cousin? Has secret threesome sex with his wife and other men. Some good Christian man he is. He's an ugly person inside, I found out the hard way and others have as well. One day so too will my brother. But until then, I'm the one he has alienated. Not based upon who I am as a person, how much love I have to give him, how tolerant I am of his 'faith', or what have you--I'm deemed the leper solely because he fears me based on the words in a book he read. This kid, whom I taught to read, read something and now thinks I'm something to be avoided.

That, my friends, is the inevitability of Christiantity. Separation, alienation, and lifelong prejudice.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: A doctrine of alienation
Just like every other nutty cult.
Well modern Christians heavily cherry pick what parts of the bible they want to follow. I don't really think we want to convince them to also follow the old testament laws. We don't need them to be any worse than they are.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I can’t even imagine how much pain that would cause me if my brother did that to me. I doubt he’d ever do that, but if he went from agnostic to christian, and became a fucking judgmental nut like that, I’d be very hurt to say the least. Sorry you’re going through that. Who knows, this judgmental part may pass, but hang in there Luckie.

I wonder why people hate religion, maybe it’s because it turns people into braindead fucktards that lose sight of what really matters.

Stay strong. *hug*
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Was he like this before SA treatment or just after (to this extreme)? Quite a lot of "brain washing" takes place to change a persons thinking about substance abuse (the pros call it cognitive restructuring). Unfortunately, if the treatment if heavily god/xtian based that is included in the washing. It goes "if you can't help yourself then god can, but only if you give yourself over completely". That includes taking up all the negative shit that you are the unfortunate recipient of. He has been basically directed to cut you off.

What his future holds, who can say. With time he may find a less antagonistic mind set to live in, he may not. It's your bro, just keep extending the olive branch. You might find that one day you won't pull back a stump.

Best wishes.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It makes me so angry Luckie, just reading stories like this...
although I'm generally a diplomat, in this case I would tell it to him straight.

"Listen here buddy, if you're going to put your fairy tales before your own flesh and blood, then seeya later and God help you, because I won't"
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(September 13, 2015 at 6:50 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Well modern Christians heavily cherry pick what parts of the bible they want to follow. I don't really think we want to convince them to also follow the old testament laws. We don't need them to be any worse than they are.

That's the thing that set me on a quest, though--my father has been nose in bible for ten years (also a homeless transient mind you) and he was quite adamant of his stance that the OT law still remains, gay people equivocate to dogs, etc. so I started reading the bible more intimately to prove to him that god was a god of love! Boy was I wrong. God is, to every christian, what they want him to be. Once they truly found out who he truly is, like I did, any rational normal person would probably do as I did and researched the bible itself to see if man just fucked gods words up in translation or something. Just to find out that the bible itself from the very source, is and has always been a tool of man to subjugate others; nothing more. I'd much prefer they face the truth than live a lie. 

(September 13, 2015 at 7:16 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Was he like this before SA treatment or just after (to this extreme)? Quite a lot of "brain washing" takes place to change a persons thinking about substance abuse (the pros call it cognitive restructuring). Unfortunately, if the treatment if heavily god/xtian based that is included in the washing. It goes "if you can't help yourself then god can, but only if you give yourself over completely". That includes taking up all the negative shit that you are the unfortunate recipient of. He has been basically directed to cut you off.

What his future holds, who can say. With time he may find a less antagonistic mind set to live in, he may not. It's your bro, just keep extending the olive branch. You might find that one day you won't pull back a stump.

Best wishes.

No, my brother is unfortunately mentally ill. He's been this extreme for years but intermittently between self medicating with alcohol and acid. Every year that goes by he becomes more and more encapsulated by the words of the bible. It's only the past year or so that he has focused his faith on expelling his family from his life.

(September 14, 2015 at 4:53 am)ignoramus Wrote: It makes me so angry Luckie, just reading stories like this...
although I'm generally a diplomat, in this case I would tell it to him straight.

"Listen here buddy, if you're going to put your fairy tales before your own flesh and blood, then seeya later and God help you, because I won't"

I find it difficult to straight up disown him, but I like your moxy Wink

Here was my reply, to which he responded lol I invited you sis, you not coming is your deal.

"Me, I have no problem with others' beliefs/non beliefs. That's not what defines me and those I love or interact with, and I've lived long enough on this planet to know that it's what's inside--not what's outside-- that counts. Apparently though, you do have a presupposition about anyone that doesn't abide by your creed and indeed fear or have malice toward them. I would have had no problem listening to you attribute your hard work and dedication to your god. You can ask Tyler if we ever Once made him feel uncomfortable about his beliefs. We accepted him for who he was, not what he believed. 
In fact, I still just wish you wouldn't have said what you said so that I could still hug you and tell you you're loved and bring my little brother a housewarming gift like any other big sister would want to do. 
I don't know what to tell you though, do what makes you happy, brother. If it pleases your heart and god to alienate your sister, then I suppose that's just the kind of person you've chosen to be like in this life, and a perfect example of why I abandoned the god of Abraham as being the one true god."
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

LUCKIE!!!!! You're baaaack ^_^

Sorry to hear about teh dickweed :c big hugses
(September 13, 2015 at 6:53 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: I can’t even imagine how much pain that would cause me if my brother did that to me. I doubt he’d ever do that, but if he went from agnostic to christian, and became a fucking judgmental nut like that, I’d be very hurt to say the least. Sorry you’re going through that. Who knows, this judgmental part may pass, but hang in there Luckie.

I wonder why people hate religion, maybe it’s because it turns people into braindead fucktards that lose sight of what really matters.

Stay strong. *hug*

Smile thank you for the hug and confirmation of my feelings as being valid. They were much needed. I gave up hope on my dad and my brother long ago..

(September 14, 2015 at 10:45 am)Neimenovic Wrote: LUCKIE!!!!! You're baaaack ^_^

Sorry to hear about teh dickweed :c big hugses

Aww kitteh! I never left! I'm always around, watching... Muah ha ha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 17993 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What's wrong with the doctrine of God's self-exisence?... dave4shmups 30 10512 November 6, 2010 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
  The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity? Sam 41 23383 September 12, 2009 at 2:44 am
Last Post: fr0d0