Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
In any case, I went back and checked my doctor visit summaries and fitness tracker records to see where I'm at compared to where I was and what my first milepost goal is. I have a ways to go from there.

Catching up and accountability is a good thing:

March 2016 - G+68 (68 lbs over goal), the heaviest of my life. How I got here was a combination of the breakup of my marriage years prior, quitting smoking and hard drugs, recovering from debilitating mental illness, and apathy.

August 2016 - G+41. Between the above and now I've had surgery to repair an umbilical hernia I had been carrying around for years. Doc wanted me to lose weight before the procedure. I took it to heart. I've also moved into stable, permanent housing that I own. Yay, I bought a bicycle! I'm exercising every day this stage.

November 2016 - G+20. I don't remember the date but I wiped out on my bike in September or October which put the final nail in my right knee's coffin in the form of a wrecked ACL and meniscus. Doc says I have to take it easy.

I'm still at G+25 in March, then a vacation, knee surgery and the decline in activity that followed, bad dietary choices - by last November I was at G+49. Post-surgical recovery was pretty hard. After the holidays we both started getting serious about dietary change.

Today I'm back down to G+33.8, most of it lost in the last couple of weeks. I don't think I'm getting enough calories. Fitness app says my breakeven caloric intake is 3000+ daily, I'm at 1200-1300 for the last four or so days. I'm going to increase my water intake first.

Spoiler: I have a potentially diet-wrecking vacation in two weeks, but we'll get right back on it when we return.

TMI: I'm constipated AF. Dodgy

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Jackalope - February 15, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3422 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1098 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 25450 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 6138 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2959 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3961 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6825 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox