Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2026, 9:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"?
#43
RE: Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"?
The island of greenland became inadequate, the method of agriculture the norse used is still used today - as in...it's -the- agricultural system used today (they introduced it to western culture in the first place).  The leading edge of later european colonization didn't acculturate at all, nor did their survival ever depend on acculturation.

You're asking why a bunch of late (and post) iron age people didn't revert to stone age hunter gatherers. That's ludicrous. Why would they?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt. Hist. request, Vikings make a go of the "New World"? - by The Grand Nudger - May 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Jackie 0 655 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Stalky songs that make you think. Jackie 2 1442 August 4, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  CBS to make show about black atheist.... Jackie 1 971 July 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  One That Wont Make Me Nervous..... Jackie 0 591 April 3, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Passages which make you C.O.S. (chuckle out softly) Whateverist 0 855 November 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  When You Make A Song And...[Total Clickbait] Edwardo Piet 0 876 September 16, 2017 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Songs That Make You Happy Shell B 159 38058 July 2, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What if they did make them like they used to? Rev. Rye 0 1406 January 31, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Movies That Make You Cry HeyItsZeus 18 10390 June 27, 2011 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)