Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable?
#48
RE: As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable?
It's more to do with experience than age in itself for me I think.  If I'm new in a workplace I don't feel justified in being irritable and expressing it if something seems wrong/annoying/stupid to me, because there could be some method to the madness I'm not aware of yet. I'm very experienced in my workplace now so I'm very quick to tell people to fuck off if I'm being requested to do something I shouldn't have to or stopping other people if they're doing something stupid.
It was the same with driving, when I first started and someone honked their horn my first thoughts would be "What have I done wrong?"  Now my thoughts are usually "What the fuck is your problem?" 

I think my irritability has remained fairly stable and I am more likely to feel justified in expressing it now after having a bit of life experience. 

 The exceptions to my irritability remaining stable are things that do cause me to get moody, lack of sleep, lack of food, last minute plan changes, (when I used to smoke) lack of nicotine, being alone for too long, being indoors for too long.  Also that brief teenage period of around 12-16, I was pretty moody then.


Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.





Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? - by paulpablo - May 4, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 5385 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Are we becoming a masked society? Kitan Etos 21 3812 June 24, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 2553 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No I did not find Mich McConnell but... Jackie 8 3143 June 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Tell us your age with a picture Kitan Etos 74 21392 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Women: how do you define yourself? Kitan Etos 11 3715 April 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 23267 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 18300 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 7400 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s your age and butt size J a c k 52 12735 January 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)