Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God?
RE: Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God?
(August 24, 2018 at 11:08 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(August 24, 2018 at 6:43 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Are you claiming that the Vatican Catechism is wrong?

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P44.HTM

You are required to accept that as an article of your faith.

That's some real good a-la-carte catholicism you have going on there.

Yes, we are required to believe what you posted above. And I do believe it. Neither myself nor the Catholic source I posted denied any of it. I actually said as much on my post, and then the article I posted explained in detail exactly what you just posted above lol. So I'm not sure what you are going on about. But like I said, if you want to keep thinking we consider communion cannibalism, go for it. Knock yourself out.
Nope. What you do is engage in some pretzel logic to justify your beliefs. The source you posted stated that it really is the body and blood, but it isn't, but it is. And you agreed with that. All in a single paragraph. 

How anyone can accept such pretzel logic is beyond all rational thinking. But it gets worse. Not only are you prepared to accept such apologia, it's outright heresy according to your pope. So bad was that apologia that in 1968 Paul VI issued an encyclical on the matter wherein he specifically condemned exactly what your are doing as heresy.
http://w2.vatican.va/content/paul-vi/en/...erium.html

Where does that leave your apologia? You are no different than my ex. Contrary to the dogma, for example, she happily engaged in contraception and plenty of it. All the while going to mass while smiling out of two faces.

Thus it is with you. The goddamn pope tells you that you are flat out wrong and you simply ignore it and do your own damn thing.

You are, like she, a catholic in name only. A CINO if you will. The very epitome of a cafeteria catholic. Your whole schtick of "I am a catholic except for these bits" rings hollow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? - by Abaddon_ire - August 25, 2018 at 12:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 565 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8128 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15387 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 19237 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19587 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3996 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 10405 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 37134 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31734 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 97387 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue