Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 31, 2018 at 8:25 am)Khemikal Wrote: You know.... we just had an entire thread about this.....................

In any case, high paying jobs require networking.  Ask yourself why networking might be difficult in a segregated environment.  Say you manage to overcome that hurdle?  Well, then you'll have to contend with the fact that a black sounding name on an app or resume means you are less likely to be called back.  Say you overcome that hurdle and actually get the job?  Womp womp, african americans are paid less than whites at -every- education level.
No doubt.

Quote:Yes...Benny, I see the process, and I see the process for what it is.  It's because I see the process, and see the process for what it is, that I know when someone has swallowed the koolaid.  Let me ask you this, when right wing assholes crammed white victimization into your head..did you do your research and just decide it was true.......or...?
No, dude.  It's mostly you.  I was annoyed by the PC Left fart sniffing.  But you've doubled down on the black victimization, repeatedly saying I'm carrying the white supremacist script.  So. . . I looked to see what that might be, and it turns out that the alt-right is attempting to use scientific facts to minimize the effectiveness of claims of oppression.  And let me make an aside here, and say that the oppression is obvious to me-- I'm inclined to believe that the many, many videos of cops beating up and even killing innocent black men are the tip of the ice berg.  I can't think that if a white person faced the same treatment, it wouldn't produce a media sensation at least as strong (probably much stronger).  You also make a compelling narrative about racist hiring practices, which I'm perfectly willing to accept.  Nobody's going to hire a law associate named Shoshonda Brown unless she's 2x better than anyone else on the field, I suspect.

Anyway, back to the alt-right script.  Do you agree that there's an IQ difference, and that IQ correlates with income, or do you deny this to be the case?  

There are several possibilities:
1) The test is bullshit (either it's culturally biased, or it doesn't actually measure intelligence that matters)
2) The results are either a lie, or are reported in a way so biased that it constitutes fraud.
3) Black people, on average, are in fact not as intelligent as white people, on average, and this hurts their chance to generate income.

And since we're talking about "equal education," consider SAT scores:
[Image: ccf_20170201_reeves_1.png?w=768&crop=0%2...99px&ssl=1]

And this is NOT alt-right propaganda material.  It's also a test only of those who attempted the SAT-- what % of each population do you think even bothered to try? I'd bet the reality over the entire population is even WORSE than these stats show.

You can accuse me of whatever you want, but I recommend you bring facts better than what google will furnish with about 10 seconds of typing.

My current inclination is to hope that even though IQ after puberty is said by most psychologists to be about 75% or 80% due to heritability, that black children are so disadvantaged that serious developmental issues (damage due to drug use, malnutrition and so on) is snowballing.  Because if so, then we could attack problems of poverty, drug use, and so on, and hope to yield an improvement in scores, in income, and in quality of life.

(August 31, 2018 at 8:54 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Intelligence is not the only metric of success and certainly not a basis for dismissing the inherent equal value of all people.

That's right.  I think almost all of us here believe that there is INTRINSIC value to humanity, and that each person has intangible or dormant assets that might manifest in the proper conditions.  And IQ doesn't refer to a person's nature-- their community spirit, their integrity, their willingness to stand up for the disenfranchised and so on, or simply their willingness to roll up their sleeves and do a productive day's work.

I can't imagine that the average alt-right person would score higher than the average black person on measures of compassion, on social skills, or on not-being-a-dick-ness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 31, 2018 at 9:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19451 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 347 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 732 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16048 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4159 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1732 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9699 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus