Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 8, 2018 at 8:34 am)Khemikal Wrote: Speaking of learning, you might want to take the time to seriously consider which side of that divide you're on.  What actual science tells us, rather than what scientific racism contends..is that the "differences between the races" are socially constructed, not biologically useful categorizations.  This, again, is why studies on income and iq control for those known effects of GxE.  There is no need, on the side of pc or sj (or anyone) to contend that there are no differences between the races..because the fact of that matter is that those differences are utterly superficial, related to the tone of our skin and little else (even that association is shaky as hell, lol).  But, ofc, when a person acknowledges the reality of those differences as we can demonstrate them, those who leverage the phrase "difference between the races" have something much more elaborate and unfounded in mind.

There is no other purpose for scientific racism, which is neither scientific nor accurate, than to provide ideological cover for bigotry.  None.  

There is no purpose, other than to oppose those who oppose that bigotry, for claiming that the contents of scientific racism are shouted down out of ideological inconvenience, none.

I understand that you feel unfairly maligned for repeating the normalizing language of white supremacy...and maybe, all the way over there in korea..you really don't grasp what it is, where it comes from, or the effect that it has - but no one forces you to do this, say this, maintain these things, or die on this hill.  The only person maligning you, or stigmatizing you (there again white victimization rears it's hilarious head)...is you.  You've been given reams of information at this point, both about the specific contention you're losing your shit over, and it's intersection with alt right politics, institutional policy, and a resurgent white supremacy.  You can dig yourself out of this hole.  Or, at least, I'd like to believe that you can.

Or you can opt to attempt a preservation of pride, to drag out some argument between you and I, to bullshit me and yourself about some dollar bills, about the pc left, and social justice, about guys like peterson, about racism.  

It's always been your call.

All your posts are about this narrative that you're trying to spin.  This is a tactic you use often. . . bullshit for 50 pages, and then claim you've made loads and loads of great points.  

I went back almost 100 posts, and literally typed out what you talked about in every single thread.  Then I started going through your sources, and showed that you not only were your claims wrong, but your sources agreed with me.  Color me pretty unsurprised.

My position is simple.  The steps to effective action are:
1) Decide what values you'd like to see reflected in the world around you.
2)  Find out the facts, in as much detail and with as great accuracy as you can.
3)  Brain storm several solutions, and decide which one seems best.
4)  Do the solution.  Actually do it.

The PC Left steps are:
1)  Decide what should be considered right.
2)  Declare that all facts accord with (1)
3)  When presented with actual facts that are not in accord, blame the person presenting them for being a witch.  If you shout "witchcraft!" often enough, people might not notice that rather than saving anybody, you're just burning truth at the stake of Truth™.
4) Whatever you do, don't actually do anything, or have a point-- because then someone might attack your position, and the fairy tale will immediately dissipate into the ether.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - September 8, 2018 at 9:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19761 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 358 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 753 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16344 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus