Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 8, 2018 at 10:36 am)Khemikal Wrote: Or maybe you're not actually being persecuted for witchcraft, by me or anyone on the pc left?   Un-possible, I know..I know, but it's worth considering.
Have I claimed to be persecuted by you?

Quote:If you say the things that racists say, you will be "mistaken" for a racist.  If you maintain the arguments that racists maintain, you will be "mistaken" for a racist.  If you call yourself a racist, you will be "mistaken" for a racist.
You can air-quote all you want. I don't particularly care if you want to call me a racist or not. If I'm a racist who can use real facts to develop a plan for helping real people, then I'm fine with that. The actual effect of plans and actions is infinitely more important than defending myself from ad hom attacks from morons.

Quote:None of your exhaustive complaints about the pc left will alter this basic fact of human interaction, lol.  I began our conversation assuming that you, like many others, had absorbed normalizing propaganda, despite not actually being a racist.  You've told me that I was wrong.  You've told me that your life experiences and personal investigations of these matters has lead you here.  You've told me that you hold these positions because they are The Truth™.  
No, my position is not the expression of any dogma. You can keep The Truth™ to yourself, since apparently you find it sufficient replacement for original thought and actions that matter.

Still waiting for you to cite that 10% figure, but now I'm pretty sure you were lying about it, and will never be able to do such a thing. It's almost like. . . it's almost like that's what the PC Left DOES-- ignore facts, and spin some social narrative about an opponent's personal motivations or character instead.

That, by the way, is why I keep responding even though you still have provided no support for any of your narrative. I'm not going to be bullied by your shit-slinging rhetoric into walking away from this issue, because it is exactly your shitty style of argumentation that is wrong with the PC Left. You will keep spinning your yarns, and I will keep correcting your facts, until the cows come home.

Quote:No one is shouting witchcraft at you, you're putting in the work.  If that's not how you want to come across, and it's not who you are...then..perhaps....instead of endlessly bitching about the pc left, or me, as though we were doing something to you...you should do a different kind of work to figure out why you're doing this to yourself?  Does that seem reasonable?
Or. . . have a point and support it, instead of constantly attempting to use epithets to control the narrative? Does that seem reasonable?

Look, you can keep trying to deflect as much as you want. The fact is that I have the facts, I have ideas about how to help people based on those facts, and you have nothing.

You've literally said that your contribution to racism is to engage online with me. Yeah, that will probably give kids more opportunities, or prevent racist employers from discrimination against black applicants. Seems legit.

(September 8, 2018 at 10:52 am)Khemikal Wrote: -and here's an article from slate, that I think might be immensely helpful to you in this specific context.

Quote:I’ve watched this debate for more than a decade. It’s the same wreck, over and over. A person with a taste for puncturing taboos learns about racial gaps in IQ scores and the idea that they might be genetic. He writes or speaks about it, credulously or unreflectively. Every part of his argument is attacked: the validity of IQ, the claim that it’s substantially heritable, and the idea that races can be biologically distinguished. The offender is denounced as racist when he thinks he’s just defending science against political correctness.

I know what it’s like to be this person because, 11 years ago, I was that person. I saw a comment from Nobel laureate James Watson about the black-white IQ gap, read some journal articles about it, and bought in. That was a mistake. Having made that mistake, I’m in no position to throw stones at Sullivan, Harris, or anyone else. But I am in a position to speak to these people as someone who understands where they’re coming from. I believe I can change their thinking, because I’ve changed mine, and I’m here to make that case to them. And I hope those of you who find this whole subject vile will bear with me as I do.

Here’s my advice: You can talk about the genetics of race. You can talk about the genetics of intelligence. But stop implying they’re the same thing. Connecting intelligence to race adds nothing useful. It overextends the science you’re defending, and it engulfs the whole debate in moral flames.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018...o-did.html

Sam Harris, that dirty white supremacist!  What a horrible, horrible racist he is!  I mean. . . have you ever MET a more hateful person than Harris?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - September 8, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19139 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 345 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15571 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4150 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9656 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus