Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 5:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate?
RE: What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate?
(February 1, 2019 at 3:11 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(February 1, 2019 at 2:24 pm)Nomad Wrote: Somebody with a lifetime record of public service, and no ties to major corporations or rich people.

The first so that I know they'll work for the phblic good, the second so I know they're not corrupt.

I know way more poor people who are corrupt as fuck than I do rich ones.....

If you're working in public life and you've got ties to msjor corporations or rich people (as in, they've given you money or equivalent or jobs or the promise of future jobs) then you're corrupted before you begin anything.

And poor people are rarely more corrupt than rich people, because they have neither the money or power to corrupt others or sell.

(February 5, 2019 at 11:17 am)tackattack Wrote: I think a someone with a top secret military clearance, who;s worked in areas of finance and technology, done a stint as a drill instructor and a coach for an organized school sport. A personal history of philanthropy, missionary work, or voluntary community service would help. Mainly I agree with a lot of the points made: someone who can think for themselves, understands dealing with difficult people, understands self-sacrifice, can pick a tem that rounds out his faults, shows community buy in and compassion, has a tested character background, integrity and general honesty.

If I saw a candidate that ran a smear campaign on himself to admit his faults, but not on the other candidates, then debates well on important policies and explained how we could overcome his own faults, and then dismantles the opponents arguments logically and honestly I think I'd actually check myself into a hospital for fear of delusions. I don't think I could accept that there is integrity in politics, it's almost axiomatically negative at that scale/scope, IMO.

Bolded should be an automatic disqalifier (unless they've only ever worked at a low level). Given what finance is and does, no way should anybody in that area be even trusted (most of them should've been in the oubliette after 2008).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Messages In This Thread
RE: What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? - by GUBU - February 6, 2019 at 7:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1126 60058 May 13, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 2422 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1637 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 26578 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1149 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1042 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1968 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5534 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2430 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1741 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia