Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Presidential Candidate.
Your Presidential Candidate.
Get creative. Name one you would vote for.

Mine -

Bob Odenkirk. From Breaking Bad and star of Better Call Saul.

We already have had a couple of TV personalities and lots of lawyers.

So why not a TV personality that was on a show with better ratings AND as a bonus - played a great sleazy lawyer?

Better Vote Saul.

Smile
RE: Your Presidential Candidate.
Mr Rogers. He'd get everyone's vote, and fix everything so well, they'd get rid of term limits.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 30, 2019 at 8:38 am)Chad32 Wrote: Mr Rogers. He'd get everyone's vote, and fix everything so well, they'd get rid of term limits.

And he's dead.

Dead polititians - the best kind.
You lot could get a better crop of candidates if you'd get rid of that stupid 'have to be born in America' rule.  Some of the best leaders in history led countries in which they weren't born.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 30, 2019 at 9:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You lot could get a better crop of candidates if you'd get rid of that stupid 'have to be born in America' rule.  Some of the best leaders in history led countries in which they weren't born.

Boru
"President Schwartenegger became president after Congress passed the 61th Ammendment...."
Demolition Man
[Image: Monty-Billboard-650x404.jpg?resize=650%2C404]
Monty Brewster
(October 30, 2019 at 9:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You lot could get a better crop of candidates if you'd get rid of that stupid 'have to be born in America' rule.  Some of the best leaders in history led countries in which they weren't born.

Boru

This is where I part company with you.

From a pragmatic standpoint, not one of race, religion or national origin, I am not sure I would want an adult migrant holding our highest office right off the bat. I have no problem with children of migrants of any origin or race running if born here.

Arnold(Terminator) served as Governor of California, and is a Republican. If he was born here and hadn't migrated, I still wouldn't vote for him.

Policy is what ultimately matters for sure. But imagine what someone like the NRA Russian operative Maria Butania could have done, if she had been naturalized as an adult and had been old enough to run for the GOP?

There are decent honorable migrants who move here and live here. But the idea of birth for qualification for that office still makes sense to me. It should not be based on race, religion or parent's origins though.
May as well stick with the current trend and go with....

[Image: BhrSj6yIEAEuniA.jpg]

"If you're not FIRST, you're LAST!"
A paper bag, any paper bag. Or a corpse.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2019 at 10:17 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Boru

This is where I part company with you.

Really?  THIS?  Smile

Quote:From a pragmatic standpoint, not one of race, religion or national origin, I am not sure I would want an adult migrant holding our highest office right off the bat. I have no problem with children of migrants of any origin or race running if born here.

Sorry, if you don't mind 'national origin', why wouldn't you want an adult migrant in office?

Quote:Arnold(Terminator) served as Governor of California, and is a Republican. If he was born here and hadn't migrated, I still wouldn't vote for him.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  No one's saying you'd be required to vote for him, or for anyone.

Quote:Policy is what ultimately matters for sure. But imagine what someone like the NRA Russian operative Maria Butania could have done, if she had been naturalized as an adult and had been old enough to run for the GOP?

Given your current president, I don't think 'What if Maria Butina got elected' is a particular compelling argument.

Quote:There are decent honorable migrants who move here and live here. But the idea of birth for qualification for that office still makes sense to me. It should not be based on race, religion or parent's origins though.

But WHY does birth for qualification still make sense to you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 50431 April 24, 2024 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1564 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 994 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5391 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2367 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1695 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Gender reversal in the presidential debates John V 11 4313 June 3, 2017 at 7:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7530 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Presidential Trump Tweets Opoponax 1 583 December 8, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anybody Watching the Last Trainwreck/ Presidential Debate Tonight? Seraphina 159 20264 October 20, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Aegon