Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:57 pm

Poll: Who's your favorite Dem candidate?
This poll is closed.
Biden
9.09%
2 9.09%
Warren
18.18%
4 18.18%
Sanders
18.18%
4 18.18%
Buttigieg
18.18%
4 18.18%
Harris
9.09%
2 9.09%
O'Rourke
0%
0 0%
Yang
22.73%
5 22.73%
Klobuchar
0%
0 0%
Booker
0%
0 0%
Steyer
0%
0 0%
Gabbard
4.55%
1 4.55%
Bennet
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate?
Who's your favorite Dem candidate?
I'm interested to know what you guys think. I really like Yang - but it looks like he doesn't have a chance in hell. That being said, I'd happily vote for Sanders. Not really crazy about any of the other candidates.

What do you guys think?

edit:

Pardon me if I left a candidate out or put someone on the list that's dropped out already... I was sort of half watching the debates last night while getting shit done on the computer. Not to mention, it looks like it's gonna' be Warren or Biden... I'd be happy with either over Trump.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Who's your favorite Dem candidate?
Barack Obama.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Barack Obama.

Boru

Far too good for this country to deserve.

(October 16, 2019 at 7:16 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I'm interested to know what you guys think. I really like Yang - but it looks like he doesn't have a chance in hell. That being said, I'd happily vote for Sanders. Not really crazy about any of the other candidates.

What do you guys think?

edit:

Pardon me if I left a candidate out or put someone on the list that's dropped out already... I was sort of half watching the debates last night while getting shit done on the computer. Not to mention, it looks like it's gonna' be Warren or Biden... I'd be happy with either over Trump.

I think of the list,  Biden would be the least bad candidate when one considers who is most likely to do lasting good in the current political reality.

In the context of a general election:

Sanders is a clueless ideologue of disaster to start with.

Warren has largely painted herself into the similarly untenable political tactical position as Sander.

Harris seems to be as thin skinned as and not a whole lot less conceited than trump.

Gabbard came across as a self promoter who won't stop short of seriously hurting the party's chances to cling on a little longer

This country is not color blind and Asian electorate is too small and fragmented for Yang to have any chance.

If trump isn't impeached and convicted by Next November all these 5 candidates would all help trump's chances for degrading this country for 4 more years.
I still like Sanders, but I also like Gabbard and Yang. Gabbard is anti war, so that's great. I believe Yang is running on mandatory basic income, which is nice. Warren is better than most, but I'm afraid she'll fall short like Obama did. Biden and Harris can take a hike, as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember enough about the others to have any opinion.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Barack Obama.

Boru
I'd vote for him.

Again.
Favorite: I keep wavering between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren

Who is strongest against Trump: Biden
I won’t say it outright, but I will say he bears a remarkable resemblance to Larry David.

Like it or not, there’s basically three main choices for the Democratic nominee that have any chance at the nomination, Biden has a depressingly long track record as a gaffe-spewing dinosaur whose politics still seem to be stuck in the Clinton years even as the party is moving far beyond it, and Elizabeth Warren, well, pushing a Cherokee Princess narrative on herself aside, the more I look at it, the more convinced I become that she’d just be a repeat of Hilary. She even had her own conservative phase, and an even longer one at that! Just compensate with a heaping dose of identity politics, and you get the strong impression that even if she wins the election by a wide margin, she’ll still lose. Just like Hilary. So you can see why I chose who I did.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Elizabeth Warren.

Can't stand Tulsi Gabbard, and not a fan of Joe Biden. Gabbard is an Assad-nut who defends Donald Trump at every given chance. I don't trust her on the issues one bit. Biden has no fucking clue what he's doing. He's the John Kerry of the 2020 election. Sure, he'd be better. But he's not really going to inspire me or most other people.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
It's Biden for me. He's no angel (none of us are) but he is a moderate which matches my preferences.

I will hold my nose and vote for who ever is running against Trump. I would vote for a homeless drunk living in a box under an overpass over Trump. But my preference is a moderate like Biden. Joe is a good and honorable man and of all the candidates, is my favorite.

I would love to see a woman President but I don't think we have a good field this time around. I think Hillary would have been great but I don't see any of the the current female candidates as compelling.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 16, 2019 at 9:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I won’t say it outright, but I will say he bears a remarkable resemblance to Larry David.

Like it or not, there’s basically three main choices for the Democratic nominee that have any chance at the nomination, Biden has a depressingly long track record as a gaffe-spewing dinosaur whose politics still seem to be stuck in the Clinton years even as the party is moving far beyond it, and Elizabeth Warren, well, pushing a Cherokee Princess narrative on herself aside, the more I look at it, the more convinced I become that she’d just be a repeat of Hilary. She even had her own conservative phase, and an even longer one at that! Just compensate with a heaping dose of identity politics, and you get the strong impression that even if she wins the election by a wide margin, she’ll still lose. Just like Hilary. So you can see why I chose who I did.

So simply because Elizabeth Warren is a woman you charge her with 'identity politics'.  Strange how that works.

Bernie Sanders is too old.  He might not even survive to the election, in which case we're left with whoever he chose for Vice President.  And if we're being honest, Bernie doesn't hire the best people.  Especially if we look at the sexual harassment claims and how they were treated in the last primaries.  I doubt that Bernie himself was aware, but the people he hired no doubt WERE aware.  And they failed miserably.    Not to mention the fact that they paid female employees at HIGHER positions less money, and I find it difficult to believe that Sanders is able to pick the right people, even if he has good ideas and a good record himself.  And a number of his supporters are quite worrisome. 

Elizabeth Warren on the other hand has led by example when it comes to Equal Pay.  Her staffers are paid equally, regardless of their gender.  

The fact that she USED to be a Republican is irrelevant.  Donald Trump used to be a Democrat.  He donated to Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton -- and is good friends with Bill Clinton.  So I'm not sure why that argument really flies here.

It really is telling though, that Sanders supporters resort to this whole "Identity Politics" thing, which is a completely right-wing talking point.  Especially when it comes to FEMALE candidates.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1497 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1874 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dem debates Brian37 48 2785 July 3, 2019 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Aegon
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2347 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1662 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3715 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump considering Dem for Sec of Defense? 8BitAtheist 0 696 November 21, 2016 at 11:37 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
  Helpful Hillary: Share your favorite descriptor Whateverist 7 699 September 12, 2016 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka Cecelia 2 782 August 3, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Live stream of Dem Convention. Brian37 171 16830 July 29, 2016 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37