Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My shit ass job just called me back up
RE: My shit ass job just called me back up
(May 9, 2020 at 2:11 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(May 8, 2020 at 8:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Having worked in food and retail all my life, to the fuckfaces who don't know how their ovens friges work in a snowstorm/hurricane, FUCK YOU! This virus is far worse. It will kill the asshole who feels self entitled too. This virus isn't Easter Sunday. 

I really do feel sorry for anyone who has to work under these horrible conditions.
What does knowing how your Fridge and stove work have to do with anything? In order to put food in your fridge or stove you have to go out to get it, and someone has to package that food, ship that food, deliver that food, and sell that food, there is an entire network of people that have to be at work in order to make cooking your food at home possible. Sure you could catch kill and clean your own food but you don't strike me as the type and really how many people are doing that.

My point is I have a lot of empathy for workers, but morso especially now. It sucks to have to choose between not working and becoming homeless and going to work and getting sick or even dying. 

But even prior to this virus, anyone who has worked food service, and I have, knows what it is like to get slammed being short staffed and not having the time to do all that is demanded of you. And working in a kitchen has tons of injury risks too. 

I have several friends who are forced to work, and I do not envy them. I have a nurse friend who moved to NY and left the nursing home out of fear of getting sick or getting others sick. I have a physical therapist friend who still works in a nursing home. My best friend in Oklahoma works at a Walmart deli. I fear for every single one of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My shit ass job just called me back up - by Brian37 - May 9, 2020 at 2:19 pm
RE: My shit ass job just called me back up - by brewer - May 8, 2020 at 10:24 pm
RE: My shit ass job just called me back up - by Sal - May 9, 2020 at 5:18 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5723 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2213 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 708 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1179 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2275 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My new job involves :) Megabullshit 17 1539 April 10, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 922 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. arewethereyet 75 5610 March 7, 2019 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5992 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2110 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama