Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 3:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
(July 15, 2020 at 6:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you lost them (other than through death), then they clearly weren’t ‘perfect’.

Boru

But what about the possibility that they were slightly too good for me. Not because they are egotistical. But because they really do deserve slightly better. This may mean that I deserve slightly worse ... but it may also be true that they will never find anybody better than me but I'm still not good enough and they're better off alone. Is this making sense?
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them. - by Porcupine - July 15, 2020 at 6:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD? snow_wolf22 126 8187 October 30, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Age Gap Relationships FrustratedFool 32 1869 September 21, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6839 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do satirists respond to criticism from the ones close to them? Der/die AtheistIn 3 538 March 13, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting space in relationships Der/die AtheistIn 17 924 September 16, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*