Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
RE: Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
(December 3, 2011 at 4:52 pm)aleialoura Wrote: People who would shamelessly admit to being a young earth creationist are the most worthless and dangerous kind of xtian. They're the kind that would stifle truth if given the power, and trample upon things such as the beauty and elegant nature and reality of life, the universe, and everything.

Most dangerous to your preconceived notions about reality, most certainly.

(December 3, 2011 at 4:52 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I am an atheist because I don't believe in any gods. It's impossible to know whether gods exist, so the people who believe in gods have to take a leap of faith to do so. I have seen evidence with my own eyes that the earth is much older than 6k years, and that evolution is a fact. What kind of absurd fucking idiot would I be if I denied it because it wasn't recorded that way in some shitty fucking book written by ignorant fuck sticks with an agenda? I'd be a Lucent, with hot tits, and a good brain, wasted. Thank fuck I am me.

What evidence is that?

(December 3, 2011 at 4:52 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I choose to not take a leap of faith. I choose to scoff at the idea of mythical figures existing in reality, and stand in awe with the proven knowledge that I am a human being, a primate, whose origins are literally in the stars. I choose to be a kind person who values life, truth, and evidence. If I believed in god, I would be none of those things. I would be a backward person who values death, myth, and nothing much else. If there is a god, and he condemns me for using the brain he gave me, then he can go fuck himself. I have no respect for him, and I would be proud to accept his condemnation.

You stand in awe that you're a space chimp? If you believed in God, your eyes would be open and you would see the truth as it really is, as opposed to how you prefer it to be. God does expect you to use your brain and not be satisified with just-so stories that masquarade themselves as science. How about you actually challenge yourself and refute the arguments in this book?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0...ition=used

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - by lucent - December 3, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27750 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is the right definition of agnostic? Red_Wind 27 6164 November 7, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Definition of "atheism" Pyrrho 23 9014 November 19, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  A practical definition for "God" robvalue 48 16072 September 26, 2015 at 9:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12704 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12249 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Definition of Atheism MindForgedManacle 55 14592 July 7, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Poetry, Philosophy, or Science? Mudhammam 0 1192 March 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10584 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  My definition of being an atheist. Vegamo 14 5185 January 21, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: truthBtold