Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 9:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This cruel universe I love so dearly
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly
Hey all,

The world may seem cruel to our human standards because our human standards are flawed. We take things very personally. I think that the system needs childhood cancer, or that it cannot refrain from or disallow that outcome. It does not meant he designer was evil, just that we cannot comprehend the importance of the rules that life must follow. It seems cruel to us because we are stupid and petty, but it is all necessary or unavoidable at best.

Quote: Cruelty is moral concept,the universe is not cruel,or evil,nor good nor kind,it just is
Padraic, I agree. That is a good way of putting it too, less words than my way.

Quote:OF course I'm afraid of dying,all animals are,it's what triggers our fight/flight reflex, and helps us stay alive.Dying is an experience for many,but from what I can see is hardly an adventure.
As far as I and anyone else can tell,death is not an adventure.That may be because DEATH ISN'T AN EXPERIENCE. At least I don't believe so.That's due to no one in recorded history having so far proved there is an after life,of any kind.Of course I may be wrong. Do hope I'm wrong? Well no,not if God is the inconsistent, petty,petulant,cruel ,sadistic and vindictive God of the Abrahamic faiths.

There are a lot if very different qualifiers there. 'Of course I', Dying is an experience', 'from what I can see', 'As far as an anyone else can tell', Death isn't an experience'... I don't think the real god is the one from the Abrahamic faiths. Let me assure you, I think we will all be very surprised when we die.

Also @Kyu. I will give you a reason for not fearing death. Because it is inevitable. You should very much embrace or at least come to terms with not existing. Otherwise it may impinge on your quality of existence. Unless you find a way to live forever, which would be tantamount to hell, you're gonna go away friend. So far everyone in human and animal existence has had to die. To fear something that is completely unavoidable is a absolute waste of time.

Oh yeah, and Purple.
Quote:When we have cured diseases we've have made this a better place, for us
That is also an unhealthy state-of-mind, I fear. I don't think we able to, as you put it 'cure diseases'. All of them!?! I think we have more now than ever before, so we are going in the wrong direction. This cannot be a better place for us by that silly, unreal action. We need to cure the human disease of lack-of-compassion, of de-humanizing each other, hurting each other out of fear and supposed competition. That is a much better and attainable goal. Curing all the diseases is so flawed a thought, and it shows how you are looking at the world through human eyes (for which I am sure you can be forgiven).

Messages In This Thread
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by LEDO - July 7, 2009 at 8:33 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 7, 2009 at 9:19 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by padraic - July 8, 2009 at 8:47 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 8, 2009 at 9:25 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by padraic - July 8, 2009 at 10:57 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 9, 2009 at 7:17 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by leo-rcc - July 9, 2009 at 7:26 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 9, 2009 at 9:15 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by padraic - July 9, 2009 at 9:29 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Ryft - July 10, 2009 at 2:10 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Ryft - July 10, 2009 at 1:57 pm
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 12, 2009 at 5:53 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 12, 2009 at 6:28 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Pippy - July 12, 2009 at 6:58 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Giff - July 12, 2009 at 7:40 am
RE: This cruel universe I love so dearly - by Ryft - July 13, 2009 at 2:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3596 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Applicability of Maths to the Universe GrandizerII 72 7173 June 17, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist? Simon Moon 69 11146 November 13, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Expired
  What's your crazy ideas about the existence of the universe? Vegamo 32 8823 April 1, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: archangle
  Why are so many atheists cruel? edgeoflogic 14 2968 March 22, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Is the universe God? Lek 89 22140 February 9, 2014 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Is it cruel for atheist to have kids blue dee 65 19569 February 6, 2014 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  I know how the universe was created Chriswt 36 21066 November 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Vincent Sauve
  Why should we love love beyond what is necessary for gene survival? rybak303 1 1347 August 17, 2010 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet