Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting
Photo 
Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting
In other news:

Same atheist replicates universe and says,

"Do you like my painting? It'a work of art if I do say so myself!"

Bow Down
RE: Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting
Thank goodness for subjectivity.
(March 22, 2021 at 9:56 am)Walter99 Wrote: In other news:

Same atheist replicates universe and says,

"Do you like my painting? It'a work of art if I do say so myself!"

Bow Down

So no reference to some anonymous person making a claim that only you have heard.

Not very convincing of anything.
Reminds me of a quote. Every planet is earth to the people who live on it. The creatures who lived in an artists painting might find it beautiful, and the people who find their world beautiful may imagine that it's an artists painting - but lets run with it.

Suppose that this world was a gods painting? Is that god in a different position than our human artist in this regard? In a word, no. That god could have painted some other painting, and some other god could have painted some other painting. Many earths full of many people all of them convinced that theirs is the most beautiful, and we can assume that their creators, likewise, have an opinion of their own creation and that of others. We could even add in the malcontents, who..viewing their own earth (or granted the ability to view others, even)..... place each on some scale of relative magnificence. Maybe they think theirs is lower on the scale than some other.

The idea of a human being painting a picture and declaring it magnificent is directly equivalent to a god doing the same. Is that a problem?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Must have been Jackson Pollock when drinking and off his meds.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If the world is God's painting, then I must be under the spitball some 6th-grade kid shot at it while on a school field trip.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
At work.

The person comparing 'The World' to a painting should come visit Australia.

Fekkin' inspired by Edvard Munch.

Place couldn't kill us with fire storms is now trying to drown us.

Jus' sayin'.
(March 22, 2021 at 10:23 am)Eleven Wrote: Thank goodness for subjectivity.

It's worked wonders for rapists and child molesters.

(March 22, 2021 at 10:42 am)Angrboda Wrote: If the world is God's painting, then I must be under the spitball some 6th-grade kid shot at it while on a school field trip.

And yet you all want to save it and save yourselves.

Panic
Which rapists or child molesters has subjectivity worked for? The ones in jail...or are we talking about the ones in dresses shaking rattles at credulous victims?

IDK if angr would be down for saving the world or self - but you'll probably find alot of people who would like to save anything they can, the whole human race if possible

Is that a problem? Would there be something wrong with doing that, or wanting to do it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Which rapists or child molesters has subjectivity worked for?  The ones in jail...or are we talking about the ones in dresses shaking rattles at credulous victims?

The ones who got away with it which you don't know about and the ones who followed your advice and dressed as priests.
Subjectivity didn't work out too well for your victims.

Quote:Is that a problem?  Would there be something wrong with doing that, or wanting to do it?

How can there be right or wrong or any problems if everything is subjective?

Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1227 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2804 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Applicability of Maths to the Universe GrandizerII 72 6877 June 17, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3214 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5209 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14436 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1236 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 3029 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I am a pixieist, what do you think of my proof that universe creating pixies exist? Simon Moon 69 10796 November 13, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Expired
Video The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work Mental Outlaw 1346 249040 July 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink