Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your crazy ideas about the existence of the universe?
What's your crazy ideas about the existence of the universe?
Modern science has done a good job by showing us how we play a very very tiny role in this massive universe.

I am a firm believer in the Big Bang, evolution, and natural selection. My issue with everything is that I continue to think there is a purpose for this matrix we are in. This isn't about some bored God wanting to be worshiped or idolized.

If someone was able to shrink you to the size of a neutrino (While keeping you alive), what would you see?

Would your surroundings look as massive as the universe is to us?

I look at the universe as an operating system (With laws) that plays as a sand box for many different possibilities of galaxies, stars, planets, and forms of life.

I am very open to the mystery of our universe except nothing to do with "God" or the "Creator" at all, what crazy ideas have you thought of lately?

What of we are an alien lab project under a telescope and what if our universe is tiny outside the universe?
RE: What's your crazy ideas about the existence of the universe?

I'm becoming persuaded that the Many Worlds Interpretation makes sense. [Image: coffee.gif]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm dreaming it.
Quote: My issue with everything is that I continue to think there is a purpose for this matrix we are in.

So all you have to do is get over that one last quirk. Give yourself some time.
(March 28, 2014 at 6:49 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Modern science has done a good job by showing us how we play a very very tiny role in this massive universe.

I am a firm believer in the Big Bang, evolution, and natural selection. My issue with everything is that I continue to think there is a purpose for this matrix we are in. This isn't about some bored God wanting to be worshiped or idolized.

If someone was able to shrink you to the size of a neutrino (While keeping you alive), what would you see?

I look at the universe as an operating system (With laws) that plays as a sand box for many different possibilities of galaxies, stars, planets, and forms of life.

I am very open to the mystery of our universe except nothing to do with "God" or the "Creator" at all, what crazy ideas have you thought of lately?

What of we are an alien lab project under a telescope and what if our universe is tiny outside the universe?

I had this thought about the big bang, then the universe expanding, and then contracting back into a singularity that contained everything, and then exploding into another big bang, over and over again, ad infinitum. There was no end, and no beginning.

(March 28, 2014 at 9:00 pm)sven Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 6:49 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Modern science has done a good job by showing us how we play a very very tiny role in this massive universe.

I had this thought about the big bang, then the universe expanding, and then contracting back into a singularity that contained everything, and then exploding into another big bang, over and over again, ad infinitum. There was no end, and no beginning.

I understand that but how?
I just can't wrap my head around it, the universe going through this cycle without cause or a "creator" (alien lets say).

Again this isn't me suggesting god, did aliens create our universe ? Are we bacteria to them?

(March 28, 2014 at 8:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: My issue with everything is that I continue to think there is a purpose for this matrix we are in.

So all you have to do is get over that one last quirk. Give yourself some time.

That quirk doesn't make me stupid. (Not implying that you thought so)

I am aware of the singularity and the cycle, my issue is accepting that nothing caused or "set up" the cycle.

Just because all we see is the universe doesn't mean nothing exists outside this tunnel.

You guys aren't thinking out side the multiverse theory and how we haven't seen the edges of space (we think there isn't any edges and it's infinite) but why are we so sure as atheists that no alien or outside world had any thing to do with this universe.
Do not confuse my questions with God, I am an atheist who thinks there's more to our universe than what we think we know.

I guess it suggests we were created, but im trying to dig deeper than that.

Something is outside all of this, no way to tell me this is everything because that's the way it's always been. Am I making any sense?

Is this it? That's all of everything ? It's always been there? No beginning or end? How are we sure of this? If a creator exists did they create this multiverse sandbox engine that can have gazzillions of possibilities? Am I a theist if I think this way?
Quote:Again this isn't me suggesting god, did aliens create our universe ? Are we bacteria to them?

If you're open to these other possibilities, why aren't you open to God doing it?
(March 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Lek Wrote:
Quote:Again this isn't me suggesting god, did aliens create our universe ? Are we bacteria to them?

If you're open to these other possibilities, why aren't you open to God doing it?

Because human understanding of "God" is flawed.
Why? Because the universe is too blizzarre to simplify over some intelligent life forum wanting to be worshipped or idolized.
The universe looks like a sandbox of gazzillion possibilities waiting to happen, like breaking a pool table.

A galaxy away (or even this galaxy) might likely contain a solar system with a habitable planet and forms of life that we've never seen before. This tells us that this whole universe is random but has the same laws as well.

Heck there could be a creator to this vacuum or sandbox if you tell me, but we weren't the purpose of the creation of the universe.

I guess I find it impossible for laws to exist without someone to put them there. (Alien I think)

Or We could be mold on a sandwich !
My head hurts lol
(March 29, 2014 at 2:01 pm)Vegamo Wrote:
(March 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Lek Wrote: If you're open to these other possibilities, why aren't you open to God doing it?

Because human understanding of "God" is flawed.
Why? Because the universe is too blizzarre to simplify over some intelligent life forum wanting to be worshipped or idolized.
The universe looks like a sandbox of gazzillion possibilities waiting to happen, like breaking a pool table.

A galaxy away (or even this galaxy) might likely contain a solar system with a habitable planet and forms of life that we've never seen before. This tells us that this whole universe is random but has the same laws as well.

Heck there could be a creator to this vacuum or sandbox if you tell me, but we weren't the purpose of the creation of the universe.

I guess I find it impossible for laws to exist without someone to put them there. (Alien I think)

Or We could be mold on a sandwich !
My head hurts lol

If an alien put the laws here, who put the laws there for the alien? You'll go crazy taking that route. If only the natural universe exists, and nothing supernatural, then there can be no reason for the universe to exist. It's simply here and we're simply here. There's no reason.
(March 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Lek Wrote:

Because it is an idea that has nothing going for it.

The Abrahamic god is a complete no go. All religions based on it are all laughably stupid.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10112 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6198 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 49324 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15912 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3401 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Applicability of Maths to the Universe GrandizerII 72 6890 June 17, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 24261 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 17288 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 78313 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4624 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama