Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 7:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent.
RE: Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent.
(January 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm)Godschild Wrote: You have taken my words and turned them around to fit what you believe, that's fine, however there is no truth in what you say.

Can you tell me which part of my statement about Christianity is inconsistent with your beliefs? How exactly have I misrepresented your beliefs?

(January 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm)Godschild Wrote: You continue on this path until you die you will be able to see what you rejected and will regret it for eternity

And what path is that? Sinful? Tell me, what sin of mine have you witnessed that makes you so certain that I would go to hell and not heaven despite my disbelief in god.

How do you know I will regret it? Why would I regret it?

(January 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm)Godschild Wrote: by the way you will be alone in hell with no one to keep you company in your misery,

Why would I be alone? Aren't other atheists going to hell as well?

And why would I be miserable? Being alone is not enough to make me miserable.

(January 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm)Godschild Wrote: everything you cherished in this life will be denied to you in hell.
'

What I cherish most in my life is myself. How would your god deny me myself?

(January 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm)Godschild Wrote: In this life misery loves company, in hell misery will have no company. There will be different levels of anguish in hell, depends on the judgment you receive for the life you live now.

Are there different levels of eternity as well? If not then the different levels of pain is moot. 1 times infinity is the same as 10 times infinity.

But once again, thanks for reaffirming my conviction that those who believe in god are irrational in nature. That you and your kind are incapable of using reason. Instead of actually replying to my evaluation of your beliefs, you reiterate them. Instead of telling me why I might feel what I would feel, you simply claim, as if you'd know more about my emotions than myself.

This is the nature of your death-worshiping cult of Christianity. My ending up in hell is uncertain, but you are already in yours. The mass of contradictions within your mind has made it impotent and for a human I can imagine no greater degradation. You live blindly and not just that, you are proud of your blindness. Coming over and over again again to atheistic forums to reaffirm your blindness, to see what more facts you can ignore, what more logic can you disregard. You see the facts but are literally incapable of forming ideas about them. They simply don't register. The very existence of such an anti-conceptual mind is an insult to human intelligence.

See? Atheists can spew vitriol as well. Do not take it to mean that I didn't mean all that. I meant every word. But normally I wouldn't consider them to have a place in rational dialogue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. - by genkaus - January 13, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1750 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2075 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 48440 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7193 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abiogenesis is impossible SavedByGraceThruFaith 1615 373773 May 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22156 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6880 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 33074 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  You send yourself to hell! - God The Ultimate Judge xr34p3rx 70 14384 January 13, 2014 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12832 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook