Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell, or rather my brief experience of it.
Hell, or rather my brief experience of it.
i posted this on another website and came across it looking for something else. Thought I would share.

This all happened before I was saved. I use to stop breathing while I slept, and I remember one time I was a sleep, but realized I was fairly lucid, but at the same time I could not wake because I had stopped breathing, I remember trying to wake myself, but couldn't. Then I realized I was no longer in my room but at my judgment. I saw a being and immediately fell flat on the ground before Him and he told me not to be afraid and to rise and follow him. I did, to a line of people.(not a long line maybe 10) I saw Jesus welcoming people by name, and again I fell flat on the ground, and my life's events started to recount in my Head. (Before He even got to me)

When He told my neighbor Welcome my good and faithful servant, I knew right then, that was a close as I would ever come to hearing those words spoken to me, then the regret/deep despair begin to sink in. All of scripture made sense, and I knew then my life did not measure up to the standards of being a member of the body. I was helped up and for the briefest of moments I saw in His eyes a glimmer, of what of an eternity of Love with Him could have been, then I saw heart break and disappointment, Then I heard "away from me you wicked servant, I never knew you.."

My heart dropped, Then I pleaded: Lord lord give me one more chance..I fell to His feet and clinched as tightly as I could. swearing allegiance and love. I just needed another chance to prove it.

then either the ground gave way or I was thrown into the pit. I remember falling into a black nothingness, as I traveled away from the light I felt myself being consumed by this Black almost like Hot tar. It was not fire but it invoked the same response as being burned. The panic and hysteria of being consumed lit every nerve ending as if it was being burned by the hottest flame. I could see nothing but heard a great yelling and many many groans of pain from every direction, But only bearly because of my own groans, and screams. (Through all of that I had a sense that these laments were not all human.) All the while falling and being in a great state of panic and pain. Fire, panic and pain are not even strong enough words to describe the intensity of the experience.

That's why when i talk to people about Hell I say the reason the bible uses fire to describe hell it is because Being consumed by fire is the closest thing we can relate to when we are thrown into the void of Hell. Even so fire doesn't even come close. If given the choice I would rather be burned for an eternity by what we know to be fire than experience "Hell fire" ever again.

As the last glimmer of the light was fading The reality of eternity began to set in and all hope quickly faded away. I saw the next step of my journey, and that was in the face of increasing despair, the luxury of the control we have over minds, was soon to be taken from me as well...

It was then I felt a hand grab me, and I began to ascend. the being that pulled me out of the pit told me that this was Only Gates of Hell and what I experiences was only a glimmer of what was to come. He told me that the rest of "this life" was my second Chance that I had asked for, and warned me that all that I experienced awaits me, if I did not know Jesus.

When I awoke I had sweat an outline of my entire body into my mattress and through my comforter.

The experience of Hell didn't change my life, the glimmer of an eternity with the one I love with all of my being did. I realized that Hell is not an incentive for Heaven. Hell is simply the absents of God and all that He created. Being members of Creation We literally burn with desire to be apart of it and with God.

This is what prompts me to ask people, If the descriptions of Heaven and Hell were somehow confused in the Past, and Heaven was a fiery pit (But God lived there.) And Hell was what we know to be Paradise, but God was absent, then would you still want to goto Heaven (The Fiery pit) and burn forever with God?

Those who seek Heaven as their just reward or Choose Heaven because they fear Hell don't understand what Heaven is.

Heaven is being with God no matter what it looks like.
RE: Hell, or rather my brief experience of it.
Quote:This all happened before I was saved.

You haven't been saved from shit, dummy.
Interesting fictional nightmare.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
dude I once had a ugly case of alcohol poisoning with substance abuse, i just had a horrible hangover.
You've posted this before(or maybe linked to it), and I've always found one thing very curious about this story. You often tell people that god doesn't show himself, because that would take away our free will to choose him out of love. You then say that any belief in him would be out of self-preservation.

So, why did god show himself to you, and how can you claim that your belief in him isn't simply self-preservation? How can sit there and tell other people that god doesn't prove himself when he clearly did for you?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This is called dreaming. It happens while you are asleep. Ask your friends, they dream too.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Quote:When I awoke

Are you sure that you woke up? How do you know that you're not dreaming now?

If you say "because that was just a dream" then congratulations, you know the difference between dreams and reality. Now try to use your knowledge.
Drich, just out of interest, what`s it like to constantly imbarrasse yourself?

I imagine your life like iving with a case of uncontrolable incontinence and turets.
(November 5, 2012 at 3:36 pm)Faith No More Wrote: You've posted this before, and I've always found one thing very curious about this story. You often tell people that god doesn't show himself, because that would take away our free will to choose him out of love. You then say that any belief in him would be out of self-preservation.

So, why did god show himself to you, and how can you claim that your belief in him isn't simply self-preservation? How can sit there and tell other people that god doesn't prove himself when he clearly did for you?

I wasn't sure if i posted that here or on the .com site. i did a seach and did not see it. Thanks and sorry for the rehash.

To answer your question. I have said (because of this 'dream/vision') that God will not reveal himself to those who do not seek Him. This was the result of me Ask, Seeking, and Kicking down the door (over and over and over again) with an arrogant challenge that God show Himself to me. I was very angery for a very long time, and appearently God saw something worth saving.

I do not suggest this route to anyone who does not NEED it. Simply Ask, Seek and Knock as decribe in Luke 11 and the door will be opened.
Sounds like a terrifying nightmare (not knowing you very well, though...to be fair.....what little I -do- know of you would lead me to wonder what was so scary about this.....). Course, I have nightmares all the time, I assume that this wasn't the only nightmare you ever had. Personally, I don't have a habit of allowing my nightmares to inform my understanding of the waking world.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2160 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1409 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Question about this unusual experience orthodox-man 8 1194 January 26, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I was on the atheist experience :) Nihilist Virus 70 7323 April 6, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  My recent experience attending a Slovak Catholic church Mudhammam 3 1952 October 25, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6997 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6773 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  My personal experience with christianity abaris 2 1585 October 26, 2014 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Sejanus
  My first psychedelic experience made me embrace my atheism Vegamo 5 2067 April 16, 2014 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  My Experience at ChristianForums.com Cinjin 35 8742 March 26, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: fr0d0