Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent.
RE: Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent.
Quote:Hell is a place of loneliness, regret and a place where one can keep on rejecting Christ and become more resentful of being in hell.
rev.j Wrote:Oh, okay. So I will be in a dark an lonely place.

Yep! Without the comforting presence of others, even if you had others around you they would be dealing with their own misery and not one bit interested in you.

rev.j Wrote:but wait, why would I regret "rejecting" christ. I read the new testament and i can honestly say to you that I think Jesus is fucking scum. So why would I regret "rejecting" him when I have used my reason to decide that Jesus is a scum bag?

So, I can tell you that I will not be regretting "jesus" in this Hell of yours...unless, of course, you think your god FORCES me to regret.

But, then again, that would go against freewill.

Sorry, no freewill for you in hell, part of the punishment. After standing in front of God and understanding what you truly rejected, you will have considerable regrets. You will still believe that Jesus is a scum bag and anything else you want to, however you will find no peace in any of it, just unrelenting misery.

rev.j Wrote:Also, I enjoy time to myself....what you describe as a Hell sounds like a nice place. Nice and quiet.

Want be quiet, don't forget about the weeping and gnashing of teeth, that will be your constant companion.

rev.j Wrote:I also want to add that Hell will have great food, excellent beer and wine, and hot ass men and women.

Now rev. I explained this to you on more than one occasion, what's the matter memory getting bad. There will be no breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks in hell, you will have no companionship either, geez we've been over this, so no pleasures shall you have. As for drinking, remember the rich man that's in hell and he asked for just one drop of water on his tongue, he did not receive it.

[/quote]

(January 14, 2012 at 12:34 am)Aegrus Wrote: It's clear there's no reasoning with Godschild. He's even said that he will defend the bible until his death, so one wonders. . .why is he even on this forum?

He's clearly not looking for information, and yet he'd have to be a complete idiot to think that the fallacious, proof-less arguments he has used can convert anyone. Is he simply looking to stir up trouble?

Let me explain this once again, I'm here to learn, as people bring up questions regarding God or the scriptures that I have never considered or have found no answer for then I must study to find an answer thus giving me a better understanding of God and his Word. I never came here to convert anyone but, if that were to happen then great, awesome and ect. I do not want trouble, if I did I would be a troll and would be self defeating. I listen more than you might imagine, I've actually taken a lot from this site.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. - by Godschild - January 14, 2012 at 5:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1742 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2063 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 48087 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7119 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abiogenesis is impossible SavedByGraceThruFaith 1615 371781 May 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22123 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6852 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 32999 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  You send yourself to hell! - God The Ultimate Judge xr34p3rx 70 14203 January 13, 2014 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12777 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook