Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 9:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wackiest Notions and Theories which have occurred to you
Wackiest Notions and Theories which have occurred to you
I've been randomly contemplating the ideas that have bounced into my brain over the years and figure I can't be the only one.

So I'm going to embarrass myself with my lack of scientific knowledge with a couple of my more bizarre notions, that, truth be told, I slightly believe a bit despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Theory 1 - Regress of Microscopic Universes

I was a teenager when this occurred to me and I never shook the idea off fully.. so debunk away.
I suspected that if you were capable of almost extreme, close to infinite magnification, you would find the universe is composed at the smallest level of....... more universes, expanding as ours is, with similar scale and sometimes popping in and out of existence.
Our notion of time and space was a total delusion and we would come to the inevitable conclusion that we are probably a minature universe ourselves to someone else, to perhaps infinite regress.

Theory 2 - Gods Split Condom

In my moments of agnosticism, I suspected that if God existed, he was not abrahamic or similar, but more deistic in that he is nearly omnipotent but not omniscient or omnipresent. More like a force of nature playing with stuff and not worrying about the effects.
"God" set the universe in motion as he played with the fundamental structure that contains him, but paid no mind to how it turned out, or the intelligence it may spawns, creating a multiverse as a child plays with sandcastles and discarding them.

-------

Now I've embarassed myself, please console me with your craziest notions.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm

Messages In This Thread
Wackiest Notions and Theories which have occurred to you - by NoMoreFaith - March 15, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to make conspiracy theories Fake Messiah 20 3027 November 11, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conspiracy theories against the Jews. CapnAwesome 20 8372 September 22, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: geckomamasita
  Conspiracy theories? ignoramus 41 11667 June 24, 2015 at 7:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  conspiracy theories DramaQueen 24 6415 September 7, 2014 at 12:21 am
Last Post: DangerousElf
  The scariest conspiracy, is the conspiracy of conspiracy theories. JohnDG 35 15379 July 1, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: JohnDG
  Present your NUTTIEST Internet Conspiracy Theories TheDarkestOfAngels 8 3779 January 3, 2012 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Cyberman