Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it.
RE: Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it.
(April 23, 2012 at 7:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: No recent wars you say? God hasn't involved himself you say?

You mean our previous president, the illustrious George Junior, wasn't told by god to "end tyranny" in Iraq? God did not tell him " go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan".

Strange, he seems to be under the impression that God did tell him these things, that god did involve himself. You clearly disagree, but why?

-You- are not being held accountable, your religion, and the system of support and assistance it has offered atrocity since it's very inception, is being held accountable. What you -are- accountable for, is perpetuating the same. We hold politcal systems, offices, and officials accountable for those very same things. They are punished, your religion's legacy somehow escapes this axe, and almost unbelievably, manages to garner a measure of respect for itself that it does not deserve as it accomplishes it's dirty little task.

Are you really saying that the wars in iraq and afghanistan are because "god told bush to do it" and it had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks perpitrated on the world trade center and the pentagon? The way I understand it is that we were attacked and wanted to make sure we did not get attacked again. The only way to acomplish this is to go kill them before they can kill more of us. Violence is the only thing they know or respect, that is their words not how I see them. America did not start this fight becase God told that turd anything. I doubt that sock puppet even talked to god. He probably said that because he thought it would make him look good in the eyes of the american people. I wouldent say that my "religion" has commited atrocities from its very inception either. my path is christianity not judaism or anything else. Christianity is the way of christ and the new covenant. Its true some evil people have aquired the reigns of power using it to their advantage and they will certainly be held accountable. Hell will burn hotter for them than anybody else i think.
Again i will admit the people at the top mostly of the catholic church have been responsible for all that and there have been no recent atrocities to speak of. Its almost like some want there to be a boogey man there. There really isnt. Peace.
Islam has killed millions in the last decade, lets focus all attention on Christianity!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it. - by Disciple - April 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Militant Atheism? Data 274 12675 September 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism Nishant Xavier 137 7167 September 8, 2023 at 4:18 am
Last Post: no one
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5299 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2861 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6555 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do psychologists need religion? Interaktive 17 1539 May 16, 2021 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 14316 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 30370 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 15549 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 47822 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician