Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nope, no thinkers here.
#28
RE: Nope, no thinkers here.
(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: This does not apply to everybody here. But it does apply to most. It seems that the official playbook for this forum should read. "shout down the opposing point of view, insult, insult, sarcasm" Oh and accuse them of everything that we are guilty of.

We don't have a playbook. We do tend to have a low tolerance for bad arguments, which is not the same thing as a low tolerance for theists, although it may appear that way to you.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I believe that most here come here because they need to be reassured that they are right.

I bet you believe that because it fits your preconceptions about us.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I believe that some people have a hard time standing on their own two feet here and others must come to the rescue.

Who has had to be rescued from you? If I went to a Christian forum, would I find that some people have a hard time standing on their own two feet and others must come to the rescue? Or would I find that in a forum where my point of view is a minority and contrary to the majority, there are plenty of people to object to what I say?

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: Most are very cold and bitter individuals that are clearly unable to think about anything that questions their beliefs and are masters of diversion.

Most theists who come here are dishonest wretches who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag. The few who don't fit that profile are like a breath of fresh air and tend to last as long as they care to stay. I suspect that's a property of the internetz though, in real life I wouldn't expect a theist who knows I'm an atheist to waltz into my home to preach at me, then wonder why I'm not very welcoming.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: It has strengthend my faith to no end to see how the other side treats outsiders. I defy any of you to go to a christian forum and ask honest questions and see what kind of response you will get.

What's the point? You're not sticking around to see the results. I do fine on religous forums because I'm careful to be a good guest. I lurk a bit to get the lay of the land and read the rules and am careful to abide by them--after all, I am agreeing to them when I sign up. I'm there because I really want to learn something, and tend not to be very active once I've learned what I came to find out. I tend to be sympathetic, as I understand that under different circumstances, I could have been one of them. Of course, the fair comparison would be to find each one of your posts, change the words just enough to make it sound like they're coming from an atheist, and post THAT on a Christian forum to see what kind of response we get.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: Christians are far from perfect but we are not as a whole the intolerant, bigoted, narrow minded people that your people paint us as.

You know, this is the only post I know you by, and it reeks of intolerance, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. I'm not the one with the paint, you're rolling around in it and blaming me for pointing out that it's all over you.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I wish each of you the best in life. Peace im outtie.

Passive-aggressive much? Your well wishes ring a little hollow following your diatribe. I hope you gain some perspective in your further adventures on the intertubez.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Nope, no thinkers here. - by Disciple - April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by frankiej - April 28, 2012 at 2:22 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Tobie - April 28, 2012 at 2:22 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by BadSheep - April 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by DeistPaladin - May 7, 2012 at 1:51 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Kayenneh - April 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Shell B - April 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Nine - April 28, 2012 at 3:05 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by jackman - April 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Cinjin - April 28, 2012 at 3:50 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Welsh cake - April 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Jaysyn - April 29, 2012 at 9:00 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Epimethean - April 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Paul the Human - April 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - April 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by SophiaGrace - April 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by padraic - April 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Gambit - April 28, 2012 at 8:36 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Creed of Heresy - April 28, 2012 at 8:54 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - April 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Cyberman - April 29, 2012 at 1:20 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by jess_essential - April 29, 2012 at 2:23 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Cinjin - April 29, 2012 at 10:09 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by LastPoet - April 29, 2012 at 11:09 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Norfolk And Chance - April 29, 2012 at 2:39 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by padraic - April 29, 2012 at 7:47 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Norfolk And Chance - April 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by fuckass365 - May 1, 2012 at 9:09 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Mister Agenda - May 1, 2012 at 11:21 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Epimethean - May 3, 2012 at 9:56 am
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by jess_essential - May 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm
RE: Nope, no thinkers here. - by Napoléon - May 7, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Fellow Thinkers! Asmodeus 14 3532 October 21, 2024 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello fellow thinkers Breakable 67 21998 September 19, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello fellow true thinkers darkwood 22 10207 July 23, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 11548 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Hope this is where the thinkers are Hyper-Space Rubik 19 8231 April 28, 2012 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Violet



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)