Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A person on another forum was mean to me!
RE: A person on another forum was mean to me!
(June 23, 2012 at 3:14 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:This is relevant, I think:

Not to me,in THIS case,based on the limited information I have.

That's why I brought it up. I don't know anything besides the two or three articles I've read, including the one linked to in the OP. I don't have access to psych evaluations or brain scans of the perpetrator. There's not really that much information in the articles I've read and most of them focus on the victim's family. Here's everything I know about perpetrator: Jesus Mora Flores, 47, was not born in the U.S. but was there legally with a green card, hired by the family to help with horses on the ranch, witnessed "forcibly carrying" the girl into a secluded area, emergency crews found his pants and underwear pulled down when they arrived. That's everything I've found; it's hardly enough to dismiss something like a brain tumour, however rare that chance may be.

(June 24, 2012 at 1:44 am)Welsh cake Wrote: Where are you guys pulling this "didn't deserve to die" bullshit from? o__0

He. Raped. A. Five. Year. Old. Girl.

We're already aware of what he did. Punishments are graded according to the crime and circumstances. If rape were punishable by death what incentive would rapists have to not murder their victims or witnesses? They're already going to be killed if they're caught. It's the same reason we punish people differently for stealing a car vs. stealing the Mona Lisa. Incidents of rape can also be graded, typically being viewed as increasingly worse the younger (or more vulnerable) the victim is. Rape and abuse in general has adverse psychological effects on a person, particularly during their formative years. Nonetheless, murder is usually punished harsher because it's recognised as a more severe crime. You can't go to therapy for your own death. You can't confront your murderer and get an apology. If you have dependant children you can't continue caring for them. It's permanent.

(June 24, 2012 at 1:44 am)Welsh cake Wrote: Please stop abusing your common sense by devaluing life to raise up murderers and rapists to our level. Geez.

The problem with common sense is that it's just an appeal to majority opinion. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's not. A lot of common sense is just plain nonsense.

Messages In This Thread
A person on another forum was mean to me! - by padraic - June 23, 2012 at 2:38 am
RE: A person on another forum was mean to me! - by Cato - June 23, 2012 at 2:49 am
RE: A person on another forum was mean to me! - by liam - June 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm
RE: A person on another forum was mean to me! - by Tempus - June 24, 2012 at 11:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 569 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2918 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 2050 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 1101575 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone Brian37 36 2168 September 2, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 28570 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8910 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5559 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 3009 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Forced To Live With An Obnoxious Person Mechaghostman2 21 3636 January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger