Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apologetics was much more efficient in ancient times
RE: Apologetics was much more efficient in ancient times
(September 14, 2012 at 12:26 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: God's existence is what is at question here. You're merely begging the question as far as I can tell.
I am not begging anything. Again I am simply relaying The Promise God made to those who want 'proof.' If you have issue with how it is packaged or marketed then take it up with God. I can't change what He has established.

Quote:Maybe I was exposed to God. I can't seem to tell though. That's the problem.
You were and are.. and I agree it is a problem. Do you wish to over come it? If so what are you willing to give to over come this problem?

Quote:Don't know what that is suppose to mean. I'm a trekkie so maybe that's the problem.
That is why you fail to understand

Quote:I've done all of that crap before several times. But of course, you won't believe that because it didn't work for me. I guess I must have been "insincere" every time I did it.
I believe you made an effort, and you probably did the best that you could. However your effort does not reflect the model of Ask, Seek and Knock as outlined in Luke 11.

Quote:And apparently, it's wrong now to be convinced by "sings and wonders."
Signs and wonders are not wrong to experience, but at the same time they should not be what you are looking to build your faith on. If your heart is set on signs and wonders to build your faith on you will be disappointed.

Quote: In your "knock knock" conversion, if any thing spectacular is excluded from being given to the sincere, then I guess what's left is just vague feelings. Really, what is given by God to the sincere knock knock person?
Awareness of the presents of God, Via the "Fruits" and "Gifts" of the Holy Spirit. In essence one has God personally indwell them, and the more faithful you are to what has been give to you, the more the more 'aware' you become.
To the point where one can ask anything of God and He will grant what has be ask (not to be confused with prayer)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apologetics was much more efficient in ancient times - by Drich - September 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What seems to be the latest claim about end times belief Vintagesilverscreen 5 219 May 19, 2024 at 9:52 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  The Current Evolution of Ancient Religious Institutions Leonardo17 67 4536 November 22, 2023 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 21507 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3136 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1995 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1471 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Secret hiding place for ancient christians Foxaèr 20 2444 May 11, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2925 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  End of Times and career mcolafson 67 14263 October 8, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19064 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr