Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times?
Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times?
For my money, it's a dead heat between our neighbour Pansy (she of the beet casserole) and former US president Jimmy Carter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times?
Ben Carson.

(don't blame me, you brought up nuts)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Joebob Jimbob Succotash and his Father/Uncle Jimbob Joebob.
Tom Cruise.
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't know of best but Ravi Zacharias is a more public apologetic I really enjoy listening to always.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
The dead ones.
(January 16, 2019 at 8:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: For my money, it's a dead heat between our neighbour Pansy (she of the beet casserole) and former US president Jimmy Carter.

Boru

While I will always argue Martin Luther King Jr did not need a God to do what he did, that is one hell of a compassionate man, worthy of praise of humanity. 

Cater and Obama would be tied for second for me.
Well, technically me. Levitate

The rcc is like Hotel California, once you enter* you can never leave.

*in this case, through the baptismal font.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
OK, a serious one, Nelson Mandela.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I can do no better than Jimmy Carter. A saintly-good man.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's "best" Christian. Brian37 1 181 February 16, 2024 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  What are the best arguments against Christian Science? FlatAssembler 8 480 September 17, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1294 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88914 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16150 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10234 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you think Epistle of James was written by "James Brother of Jesus" Rolandson 13 2160 December 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  End of Times and career mcolafson 67 13878 October 8, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ends of times prophecy that I can't shake Won2blv 68 10211 April 3, 2016 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What do you think of William Lane Craig? Jehanne 196 25304 January 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0