Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of travel
RE: The importance of travel
I've only travelled internationally once. I visited Venezuela for two weeks when I was 10 years old (a little before Chavez went completely nuts) with my older sister and my aunt (my aunt lived there for several years working for some corporation). We had a lot of fun. I remember it all quite vividly. We landed in Caracas which is where my aunt lived at the time. But we spent most of the time at this city near some beaches (the city name started with a 't', can't remember). I also remember going up into the mountains to this town that was where a bunch of germans settled a long time ago. There was a german restaurant there we ate at. While we were eating there, Chavez's wife just happened to visit at the restaurant. She was surrounded by several armed men and they walked right past our table.

I remember there were ice cream men everywhere in Venezuela. It was freaky to me because they don't have them in the states. They were even out in the shallow water between little islands selling ice cream from floating igloos to tourists traveling on small boats.

In Caracus there was this really weird restaurant we visited. It was huge and they had horse riders performing tricks on horses in the middle of the restaurant.

The hotel we stayed at near the beaches had a small zoo. I remember there were at least 2 monkeys, a lot of birds, and they had alligators. There were also like gerbils I think running around the lawn of the hotel. A large snake was there too. They served different fish every night.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Messages In This Thread
The importance of travel - by CapnAwesome - December 27, 2012 at 3:58 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by KichigaiNeko - December 29, 2012 at 11:58 am
RE: The importance of travel - by Dee Dee Ramone - December 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by CapnAwesome - December 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by Dee Dee Ramone - December 29, 2012 at 1:16 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by CapnAwesome - December 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by Dee Dee Ramone - December 30, 2012 at 3:29 am
RE: The importance of travel - by CapnAwesome - December 30, 2012 at 11:36 am
RE: The importance of travel - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - December 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by Annik - December 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm
RE: The importance of travel - by frankiej - December 30, 2012 at 11:40 am
RE: The importance of travel - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - December 30, 2012 at 11:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 2675 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 10646 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  About Syria A Travel Question for Northern and Eastern Europeans Jenny A 6 1568 September 29, 2015 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Can you recommend any ultra lite travel trailers? Whateverist 24 3278 September 9, 2015 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Travel Thread - U.S. Version thesummerqueen 157 22109 August 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Violet