Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you recommend any ultra lite travel trailers?
Can you recommend any ultra lite travel trailers?
So I've been looking around and admiring the little teardrop trailers.  There are a lot of them.  With the teardrops I like the idea of having a galley out the back and basically just a bed inside.  But you can have lots of extras.  I will definitely get a Temper-Pedic mattress and it needs to be at least a queen.  Some models I've noticed:  

Vestibule looks like a nicely designed teardrop with extra wide doors.  I think crawling through a narrow door on old rickety knees would suck.

Little Guy T@G is pretty nice but has narrower though taller doors.

Campinn is similar to Vestibule, both I believe build to specification and have nothing ready to roll off the sales floor.

In Canada they make a really interesting (and equally expensive) larger teardrop trailer with a pop up, solid sides top.  They use ultra lite materials from the aircraft industry.  The light and view from inside are remarkable, but the kitchen is inside - as well as a bathroom.

Anyone have one they like or know of any they'd recommend?  Thanks.

RE: Can you recommend any ultra lite travel trailers?
Haven't had a camper, trailer or motorhome since the early 80s.

You're making me miss it . . .

Sad
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 7, 2015 at 9:50 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: I will definitely get a Temper-Pedic mattress

I sleep on a Tempur-Pedic.

Please remove all references to camping from your post.

...actually, now that I see you never mentioned "camping" in the OP...
I can answer your question with a simple, "no."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: garmisch14_panzerwomo.jpg]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 8, 2015 at 9:20 pm)Alex K Wrote: [Image: garmisch14_panzerwomo.jpg]

Jesus Fucking Christ !!

I volunteer to be the comfort detachment for the burly manly men in that camper !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can recommend a nice backpack, tent and sleeping bag.
(September 8, 2015 at 9:20 pm)Alex K Wrote: [Image: garmisch14_panzerwomo.jpg]

Jesus fucking Christ that must be air force or Navy accommodations.
I mean fucking-a seriously, our army on-post billets weren't that good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultra Draconian Emotional Life Systems Ahriman 11 908 May 25, 2022 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2058 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 1950 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 10466 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1671 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4728 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Minimilist and others...can you recommend books? Mystic 5 623 April 17, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2162 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  Mobile home trailers, remodel or replace? Brian37 22 3018 September 9, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 8625 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet