Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call me out
RE: Call me out
(March 12, 2013 at 5:55 am)paulpablo Wrote:
Quote:and you're trying to tell us that what you have to say about the translation is more valid than what somebody has to say about the Arabic!
So now you realized you failed when you said i think i know arabic better so you move your argument over a notch and say i think i have a better opinion of translations than someone else....ok
Go and practise falling down would you? You're pretty good at it, but with a bit of practise I think one day you would be fucking magnificent at failing.

Moved my argument over?? This is what I said before:
  • How about here where TWO members (myself and EGross) both explained to you the limitations of translating so that if somebody tells you that, for instance, the Arabic is not as strictly literal as the English may appear, you are not qualified to provide a rebuttal. Yet like a pig-headed goose you persist with telling us what it says explicitly based on translations, and rejecting the opinions of people more qualified than you on Arabic!!!
And this is what you think is my "new argument"?
  • You have failed to acknowledge that you're criticizing the ENGLISH translation of an ARABIC text. It doesn't matter what you say about it, how solid you think your argument is, you're not working with the original, you're working with a translation, and you're trying to tell us that what you have to say about the translation is more valid than what somebody has to say about the Arabic!!
Quote:My opinion of the 5 translations i showed you is that the people who did the 5 translations must have had the opinion that their translations were correct, so the question really is do i value 5 translations of reputable organizations and people which are projected online on established websites for all to see vs 1 or 2 people on this forum?
It doesn't matter, no translation is perfect. We already explained this to you and you refuse to accept it.
Quote:I already showed you at the beginning of the thread how i said i could be wrong and how i don't understand arabic so i'll say it again just incase you forget that this already destroys your argument that i claim i know arabic better than someone else and i approached this thread with a pig headed attitude.
I never said you claimed to know Arabic, and saying I did shows me that you can't comprehend even the most simple and civil criticism; and that you typically employ straw-man arguments.
Quote:You also fail when it comes to knowing what calling out means.
It means to question a certain person to back up what they have said or shown. You call them out , as an individual to prove their opinion or stance .
I'm calling you out on your bullshit, we can all smell it. You seem to be the only one who can't smell the BS that you spew from your mouth!
Quote:All you're basically doing is failing at arguments then trying to distract from the issue by posting pathetic pictures of cats and insults.
All you're doing is falling down, making straw man arguments, and then repeating.
Quote:Ok let's see what my claims are and what i have to prove.

Claim 1.The vast majority of the translations of the quran on the noble quran website say that the earth was created in 6 days.

That's proven.
Again, I'm not interested in what translations say. If translations unite together against the original, which is preferred? The original, obviously. We have the original, thus anything you say about translations in an attempt to attack it is meaningless. I don't give a shit about the Qur'an FYI, I just can't stand the rotten stench of your pathetic bullshit. Now please, get a hold of yourself, man up and admit that you were wrong.
Quote:Claim 2

The actual original argument from the original thread you're talking about that you continually seem to move away from is an argument about the english language. My claim is that the english use for the word days in the context of "six days" would never mean anything other than six, twenty four hour time periods.
The Qur'an wasn't written in English, thus what rules and principles apply to the English language in relation to its text is wholly irrelevant.
Quote:I don't know if i did prove this but i still can't think of any way other than six, twenty four hour time periods the words "six days" could be used.
In English? In English. So what? The Qur'an wasn't written in English. You're wasting everybody's time.

No kindly go and fuck off.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
Call me out - by paulpablo - March 10, 2013 at 8:35 am
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 10, 2013 at 8:52 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 10, 2013 at 9:24 am
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm
RE: Call me out - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - March 10, 2013 at 9:51 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm
RE: Call me out - by LastPoet - March 10, 2013 at 3:24 pm
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm
RE: Call me out - by Rhizomorph13 - March 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm
RE: Call me out - by Tea Earl Grey Hot - March 10, 2013 at 5:41 pm
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 10, 2013 at 6:26 pm
RE: Call me out - by catfish - March 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 11, 2013 at 12:38 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 11, 2013 at 2:44 am
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 11, 2013 at 3:55 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 11, 2013 at 2:50 pm
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 12, 2013 at 2:47 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 12, 2013 at 5:55 am
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 12, 2013 at 6:56 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 12, 2013 at 7:16 am
RE: Call me out - by Aractus - March 10, 2013 at 9:11 pm
RE: Call me out - by catfish - March 11, 2013 at 2:47 am
RE: Call me out - by Gilgamesh - March 11, 2013 at 4:18 am
RE: Call me out - by Something completely different - March 12, 2013 at 7:26 am
RE: Call me out - by paulpablo - March 12, 2013 at 7:34 am
RE: Call me out - by catfish - March 13, 2013 at 3:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. Brian37 14 779 June 6, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 691 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  What do you call THAT? onlinebiker 8 1046 August 29, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Official Better Call Saul thread Mudhammam 4 1188 January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Can I call ya? Phatt Matt s 65 8821 April 28, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Pranking Christian call show Napoléon 110 45791 September 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  Why call it an "atheist church"? Brian37 4 1510 March 9, 2013 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Waratah
  What do you call a bread crust based religion? xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 1 982 March 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Google's coup – a call to arms! Rokcet Scientist 24 6654 January 30, 2012 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Call to revolution Anomalocaris 21 6186 June 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Violet