Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you call THAT?
What do you call THAT?
Years ago I met this guy and asked what he did.... He told me he worked at a company that made a product - and he told me what it was by using the " insiders" name for the product. I laughed and correctly deduced what it was - to his surprise.

List a service or item by the insider's name - and see if others can figure out what that is.

Mine - from above -

Ass Gasket

RE: What do you call THAT?
MFE (pronounced out as 'em-eff-ee').

Cop slang.  Uses such as, 'Is your MFE full?' or 'Did you requisition me an MFE?'

Source:  A cop friend of ours.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 28, 2019 at 6:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Years ago I met this guy and asked what he did.... He told me he worked at a company that made a product - and he told me what it was by using the " insiders" name for the product. I laughed and correctly deduced what it was - to his surprise.

List a service or item by the insider's name - and see if others can figure out what that is.

Mine - from above -

Ass Gasket

When I was managing a restaurant the cleaning supply guy referred to those as "risies". Pronounced 'Ry-zee". After the tendency to stick to your ass when you stand up. He would say "When you rise, it rises with you".

(August 28, 2019 at 7:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: MFE (pronounced out as 'em-eff-ee').

Cop slang.  Uses such as, 'Is your MFE full?' or 'Did you requisition me an MFE?'

Boru

Acronym from the Nursing trade: "RPIA". I am sure this one carries over to many trades. I will reveal after a few guesses.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 28, 2019 at 8:51 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 6:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Years ago I met this guy and asked what he did.... He told me he worked at a company that made a product - and he told me what it was by using the " insiders" name for the product. I laughed and correctly deduced what it was - to his surprise.

Mine - from above -

Ass Gasket

When I was managing a restaurant the cleaning supply guy referred to those as "risies". Pronounced 'Ry-zee". After the tendency to stick to your ass when you stand up. He would say "When you rise, it rises with you".

(August 28, 2019 at 7:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: MFE (pronounced out as 'em-eff-ee').

Boru

Acronym from the Nursing trade: "RPIA". I am sure this one carries over to many trades. I will reveal after a few guesses.

Royal Pain In the Ass.

(I used to call my oldest PIA when she got on my nerves.)

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I thought it might have come from when a difficult patient passes away.
Rest in peace arsehole. :-)

And then I realises that it's not ripa.
I'm such a doodle brain sometimes.

(August 29, 2019 at 5:42 am)Little lunch Wrote: I thought it might have come from when a difficult patient passes away.

I thought the same thing.

Nurses in the VA have a unofficial rating system. "4" is a total PITA, "3" just a pain, "2" needs attention, "1" is "just check to see they're still breathing once a day". A nurse only gets one "4" assigned when possible.

In case you're wondering I was "0". "Quiet as a mouse."
(August 29, 2019 at 1:27 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 8:51 pm)chimp3 Wrote: When I was managing a restaurant the cleaning supply guy referred to those as "risies". Pronounced 'Ry-zee". After the tendency to stick to your ass when you stand up. He would say "When you rise, it rises with you".

Royal Pain In the Ass.

(I used to call my oldest PIA when she got on my nerves.)

We have a winner!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 29, 2019 at 5:59 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(August 29, 2019 at 5:42 am)Little lunch Wrote: I thought it might have come from when a difficult patient passes away.

I thought the same thing.

Nurses in the VA have a unofficial rating system. "4" is a total PITA, "3" just a pain, "2" needs attention, "1" is "just check to see they're still breathing once a day". A nurse only gets one "4" assigned when possible.

It’s always the quiet ones...
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 29, 2019 at 7:39 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(August 29, 2019 at 5:59 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I thought the same thing.

It’s always the quiet ones...
"Yeah, he was quiet, never bothered anyone. Hard to believe he shot everybody in the Mounds Mall in one long run. And while using a muzzle loading single shot rifle to boot. Them Hoosiers were too stupid to run, I guess."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. Brian37 14 681 June 6, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  (Curious) Roll Call Foxaèr 8 642 October 10, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Official Better Call Saul thread Mudhammam 4 1165 January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Can I call ya? Phatt Matt s 65 8663 April 28, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Pranking Christian call show Napoléon 110 44764 September 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  Call me out paulpablo 26 6204 March 13, 2013 at 3:13 am
Last Post: catfish
  Why call it an "atheist church"? Brian37 4 1493 March 9, 2013 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Waratah
  What do you call a bread crust based religion? xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 1 964 March 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Google's coup – a call to arms! Rokcet Scientist 24 6605 January 30, 2012 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Call to revolution Anomalocaris 21 6145 June 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Violet