Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
(June 18, 2013 at 1:24 am)fr0d0 Wrote: You too lol. If no one was raped according to the evidence you are presenting how am I supposed to be defending rape?

Are you seriously reading words that aren't there? Is that the extent of your delusion?

I'm finding this unbelievable. How many times can you guys argue that black is white.
Save the outrage, the statement I made is not based on scripture, but rather logic. It applies to anybody -- Christian or otherwise -- who believes that right and wrong are defined by god's desires, as opposed to god's desires being defined by right and wrong. It's just Euthyphro plain and simple. I don't know which category you are in and I don't really care.

While I think that a plain reading of 1 Samuel 15 is not in your favor, I'll leave it to you and orogenicman to hash out the finer points of killing versus murder and rape versus wife-taking.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by Zarith - June 18, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I believe the Bible is God's Word arealquestion 75 26781 July 25, 2025 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 32988 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr Pat Mustard 18 5763 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 32042 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 74828 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 27496 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 6752 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 16446 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 28884 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Kitan Etos 31 11386 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)