Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
I really don't want to argue Star Wars here but...

I do want to clear up how luke was the chosen one and not little orphan Annie.

So before a new hope All Jedi were basically modeled after fighting shaolin monks, their various disciplines and adhearance to a works based devotion that allowed then to access the light side of the force. In this 'religion' they are taught to suppress strong emotions and even relationships with strong emotional ties.

The sith on the other hand embrace strong emotion as access to the 'dark side of the force' is granted through chaneling raw emotion.

Anikin started the pendulum that eventually brought balance to the force, but he himself was not the embodiment of balance the prophesy spoke of. Before darth sidous took control of the senate, the force was a Jedi or light side heavy. One has to remember the force is neither good or bad light or dark it is a balance of both, and as such is a self leveling 'force.' Anikin was the catalyst of destruction of the light side/Jedi side of the force, that off set the balance that existed in the force pre revenge of the sith, and in the end took out the other extreme (the emperor) leaving one Jedi at the end of return of the Jedi. And later if you read the books you know Leah became a Jedi to a lessor degree(using her power as a diplomat), and her and solo's twins became Jedi. And luke goes on to open a temple on the moon of yavin 4. Thus making the force light side or Jedi heavy again... So Annie did not bring balance to anything.

Luke was the true 'chosen one' as he was the first person to successfully navigate both the light side and dark side of the force and not be consumed by either side. Luke mastered all of the disciplines of the light side all the while keeping his emotions intact. Something previously shunned by the old Jedi order, as every single other person who experienced strong emotion eventually succumb to the dark side. Luke felt fear, I. His trials with yoda, tremoundous suffering and guilt when he found out bader was his pop, anger at the emperor when he found out they had been tricked into attacking the second Death Star. He used his rage to beat down vader and took his hand as he had his taken, but rather than kill his father and take his place in the dark side he stopped regain his composure (something no other Jedi has ever come back from) and offered his life to give his father an oppertunity to save his own soul.

The fact that luke can tap and use both sides of the force is what makes him balanced in the force and ultimately the chosen one.

Killing one Sith Lord and leaving more Jedi that sith does not a chosen one make. Drawing power form both sides of the force and maintaining control is the balance the prophesy spoke of.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by Drich - July 20, 2013 at 12:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 7015 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2049 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 10000 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44958 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 9101 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2866 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5682 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12119 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5047 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9365 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII