Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2026, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Xtian turned right
#3
RE: Xtian turned right
(July 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Welcome to the site.

I'm curious about you saying that you were a street evangelist. During that time, did you ever convert one person to your religion? I mean, not someone who already believed and was looking for a church, but someone who honestly didn't give a rat's ass about religion until they met you?

Only reason I ask is because it's my opinion that no street preachers have ever converted anyone, just asking if that's true or not.


Excellent question Thomas. I can honestly say that I never witness a "conversion" of anyone who hadn't already decided at some level to give control of their mind over to something else. I did see confessions of new faith, but as you alluded to, and I also observed, there were no "conversions". At best I saw some confirmations and/or validations.
I did meet a lot of really smart atheists though, and some of their arguements were helpful in initiating my skepticism. Therefore, I agree with debating christians... some can actually think.

Thank you for your question.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Xtian turned right - by freedomfromforum - July 24, 2013 at 5:17 pm
RE: Xtian turned right - by Doubting Thomas - July 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm
RE: Xtian turned right - by freedomfromforum - July 24, 2013 at 5:34 pm
RE: Xtian turned right - by CraigOfArabia - August 28, 2013 at 5:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science and Theism Doesn't Work out right? Hellomate1234 28 7517 November 7, 2024 at 8:12 am
Last Post: syntheticadrenaline
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 3828 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 3688 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Right Question Tangra 40 9122 November 17, 2016 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
  What is the right definition of agnostic? Red_Wind 27 10349 November 7, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power GoHalos1993 52 16462 June 9, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 11665 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Here's why Creatards might be right ErGingerbreadMandude 710 194289 November 19, 2015 at 8:18 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Cursing in Xtian brewer 12 4196 July 14, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you have the right to be an atheist? ErGingerbreadMandude 510 168431 July 8, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: The Inquisition



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)