Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's why Creatards might be right
Here's why Creatards might be right
Science does not provide rules as to how the world should work.Science merely make observations of it and try to provide explanations for why it is the way it is.But how did it come be the way it is?Why does the water rise when we fill a bucket with water?Why doesn't it go down?Anyone that comes up with a scientific answer for why the water doesn't go down but up have not understood what or why science truly is.
Science is not the reason why the apple fell down.Science is not the reason why it hurts to have a cactus up your ass.
Science is the attempt at an explanation for why the apple fall down.Science is the attempt at an explanation for why it hurts to have a cactus up your ass.(Frankly I wouldn't need science to figure that out.)

Anyway,science is merely a tool that attempts to explain the already designed world.But how did the world come to be the way it is?Surely not by evolution.Isn't that stuff for the living things?Then from what The big bang? So basically there was nothingness and there was a big explosion and earth was created and people would move forward if they walked forward(I know it seems stupid but that's because it's how things have always been and it seems silly to question it.But have you ever wondered why you move forward when you walk forward?)and apples would fall down if they were thrown up.Kind of not very convincing tbh.I mean,why does water turn into ice when we cool it?The only explanation we have is a scientific explanation,not that it's a bad thing it's just that if water were to turn into chocolate(analogically) when we cooled it,then we'd figure out a scientific explanation for that too.So what the point?

If the world really was designed and implemented,we'd be explaining the implementation using science and the design would forever be a mystery.
I mean,nobody is really going to understand why a rock comes down when you throw it up - it just does.This hints for a pre-designed world.Thus my conclusion that creationists might be right.What do you think?

Disclaimer:

RE: Here's why Creatards might be right
I'm a bit confused how and why you jump from philosophy of science to whether abiogenesis is possible, and back. The two issues don't seem to have much in common.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 27, 2015 at 6:44 am)Quantum Wrote: I'm a bit confused how and why you jump from philosophy of science to whether abiogenesis is possible, and back. The two issues don't seem to have much in common.

I don't like that username
Atheists are shit idiots and they are wrong about everything: See below for further confirmation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVYxehs1GU
I think you need to change the water in your bong.
They can't be right because their "explanations" are so vague as to be meaningless. They can be summed up by "magic". No matter what we eventually find out, they can point at it and say, "That's what I meant".

Since many creationists make claims contrary to well established scientific knowledge, they can't be completely right anyway.

Science is just honest enough to admit to its own limitations. Making up stories based on nothing adds nothing. Saying we don't know is just fine. Anything else is an argument from ignorance; which is 99% of religion anyway.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 27, 2015 at 6:53 am)houseofcantor Wrote: I think you need to change the water in your bong.

Yep.But I'm right though aren't I?
Stones fell down before gravity was discovered.
Gravity isn't a real thing though,it's made up.
Gravity isn't a real thing but what is an attempt to explain why stones fell down.
So when we say that gravity was discovered what we mean is - an explanation as to why stones came down to earth was discovered.
I mean like,science is never going to find out the ^source^ (if you know what I mean,i.e,how gravity came to be or how motion came to be or how anything came to be.)
It's simply not possible.any
ting ting ting ting *Predesigned world*

I'm not saying that an intelligent being predesigned our world.Just that It was predesigned.But who would be capable of designing a complex structure anyway?

(Also I have this theory that if the earth is the result of the big bang then the nearest planets of earth should also exhibit the features of earth.I thought about this after looking at how when I heated oil and it would pop then some popping would be localized to that region.)
What the hell does "predesigned" mean, that it was designed before it was designed?
It was designed before execution.

Like you would know there are three phases to any system to come into being:

1) Design of system
2) Implementation of system
3) Execution of system
Science doesn't make anything do anything. Science is a method of discovery.

One of the things science discovers is in the realm of physics, where the mathematics of particle and energy interactions becomes chemistry, which becomes biology.

There is no purpose behind it, just the mathematics of particle interactions. All the rest of that "function" you fill in with your pattern-seeking brain.

Now, you can quibble about science as a method, and suggest that there should be some refinement to the way in which the search for what is already happening is conducted, but the age of the universe, the fact of evolution and common descent, and gravity are extremely well-understood phenomena (gravity still needs a little work).
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13483 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4041 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
  Skeptics might be jumping to conclusions Transcended Dimensions 357 53986 April 27, 2018 at 7:14 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Why am I here? Mystic 51 10679 April 3, 2018 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Mystic
  A Question of Dropped Pennies: How Might an Atheist Respond? Rhondazvous 33 9389 July 5, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4073 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
  Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power GoHalos1993 52 7671 June 9, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6250 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  You might be an Atheist... The Reality Salesman01 14 3689 November 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3554 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas