Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 3:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Religious moderates enable religious extremists
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists
(October 20, 2013 at 11:32 am)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 20, 2013 at 9:08 am)Esquilax Wrote: Yep. That's... that's exactly what was said. You got us. You win. That's absolutely the words that were said to you. Yes.

Can you hear the swoosh of the point I made go flying clear over your head? I've heard the "if religion didn't exist" argument before and yes there was a time when it didn't.

Maybe you missed Esquilax's point that you were creating a little man made of straw / putting words in our mouths etc.

But it's good that you have realised and conceded that religions (and by extension, their gods) are inventions of our pithecoidal ancestors.

Bravo, sir, bravo!

(October 20, 2013 at 11:32 am)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 20, 2013 at 11:22 am)DLJ Wrote: Highlighted bit... I agree.

"Then you are lost"

Quote:Also, one thing is for sure, the ultimate form of human evolution won't be human.

A direction to evolution is there? You do know you have destroyed your own argument/agenda here? It's like watching a train crash in slow motion seeing atheists tie themselves up in knots like this.

Again, nice try.

It always amuses me when an online theist creates an imaginary homogeneous atheist.

What was my argument? Do I have an agenda?

Oh! I can't wait for you to tell me what that is.

While you are about it, how many fingers am I holding up?

And yes, evolution does have a direction. Many in fact. And all of them are forwards!

Direction =/= destination.

Try reading again and then come back with a decent response. But I don't need one. I was being rhetorical.

Having a conversation with someone who clutches at straw men is tedious.
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 10:36 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 11:11 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 7:12 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:12 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:23 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 7:32 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 7:48 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 12:06 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 11:22 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1286 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What do fundamentalists think about moderates? Der/die AtheistIn 29 5913 September 17, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I don't understand moderates Der/die AtheistIn 12 2087 July 20, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "But what about the moderates?" DeistPaladin 160 27402 December 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand